THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Just watched the Modern Marvels BBQ Tech, TV Show. There were a couple of BBQ joints that cold smoked ribs at 185, then heat up at the end to 225. Does anyone here smoke ribs at 185?

Another place talked about 150 degrees. They kept their pit at 150 to 300 degrees. Temp depends where you put the meat in the pit.

If you haven't seen it yet, you should watch it. Talked about cookers, sauces, rubs and gadgets. :thumb:

yea i watched it yesturday on the history channel i think. pretty cool show. they went in depth how kingsford makes charcoal. i think i will start useing lump again after watching this. lots of gret info.

There is a BBQ Restautant just North of Dallas that was rated #1 in the country a few years back and when he was asked how he did his briskets, He told them that he smoked them at 185° for no less than 18 Hrs. Some of the finest brisky I ever ate. I am a firm believer of low and slow although I am completating a hot and fast cook to see if I can achieve the juicyness and tenderness that I am hearing on this forum. :thumb:

Back