Middletown, DE May 21-22

congrats to BLACK CAT, they did awesome!!:clap2:

great run comp!
spaces we a great size!
they did everything to make a team wanna come back!

Great to see everyone!!

congrats too all, a tuff comp, next year Im sure will be even better!!!

And as for that "little ol' team from Texas" (by way of Springfield VA) I am thinking I may need to get a new banner that provides the phonetic pronunciation of "Degüello". In our wildest dreams, we never imagined we'd get three calls in our second KCBS contest ever AND a third place overall.

Howdy neighbor (Fellow Springfielder)

Well done all and a big congrats to Black Cat BBQ!

Thanks Everyone (Thanks Alex) !!!!! Head is still spinning this morning. All we were hoping to do was get our chicken scores corrected and work on brisket. Truly this site and all the tips from folks played a major part in our first GC.

The contest itself, we thought, was perfect. Had the farmer's market on the corner with all sorts of great food, liquor store a couple of steps away. :-D Even though we were on blacktop, our spot was level (and had plenty of room) with easy access to ash and gray water dump cans. Public was great - tons of potentail for those who vend and compete. Organizer checked on us multiple times. Just a super 1st year comp.

Awesome job Jack and Jen!! Kinda makes me wish I'd slunk around more and tried some samples of other competitors' entries. All the same, thanks for letting me touch the GC hardware. :p I agree with everything you said about the event itself and we'll definitely be back next year. As for our objectives, we were just trying to get a little better in our second ever comp and we kind of exceeded expectations. DC will be a much tougher event though, and I'm enough of a realist to know I've got a lot of work to do before then.

Great Jenny and Jack and all who walked. It was a fantastic first year comp :clap2:

Back