Middletown, DE May 21-22

I live about 15 minutes away and didn't even know about this. I think I will have to atleast stop by. I have never been to a comp before.

Stop by for a cold one, or two or...... I hope we do better than Salsbury, but then we pretrty much would have to.

Very well organized and run for a first year comp. Thanks to Mose, Ben and their staff who worked their butts off and made this a great time for all. And thanks to Ron from Pigheaded for helping make it happen. Congrats to all who got calls today:

OVERALL:
1. Black Cat BBQ
2. Flying Porkers
3. Deguello BBQ
4. PA Midnight Smokers
5. 3Eyz BBQ
6. Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ
7. Lava Pugs BBQ
8. Hoo's Smokin BBQ
9. Chix, Swine & Bovine BBQ
10. Smokey Bottom Boys

CHICKEN:
1. Flying Porkers
2. Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ
3. Deguello BBQ
4. Holy Hogs BBQ
5. VA BBQ Pirates

RIBS:
1. 3Eyz
2. Black cat BBQ
3. Flying Porkers
4. Boom Boom BBQ (first comp)
5. Hoo's Smokin BBQ

PORK:
1. PA Midnight Smokers
2. Black Cat BBQ
3. Chix Swine & Bovine
4. Smokey Bottom Boys
5. Lo' -n- Slo' BBQ

BRISKET:
1. PA Midnight Smokers
2. Diamons State BBQ
3. Deguello BBQ
4. Lava Pigs BBQ
5. Hoo's Smokin BBQ

Big Al and I got there yesterday morning about 10 - walked around and chatted with a few folks I knew, but ddn't get to meet any of the brethern.
The vendors were set up, and there was a big tent set up in the vending area with tables and chairs - very nice. There were some folks walking around then. By the time we left around 11:30 and the crowd was picking up.
From a general public standpoint it was nice - plenty of parking right near the event, facilities, a place to sit in the shade etc. Hope they have it again next year, will definately go.
Congrats to all who got a call.

The organizers did a great job. I didn't get over to the vendors area but there seemed to be a pretty steady flow public walking through the comp area. The turnout was very good. I see this event growing and being even better next year. Congrats to Black Cat for GC and all who walked.

Congrats to Black Cat! Great job! Congrats to everyone who walked. And that's to Ron for providing the shot.....certainly was an eye opener!

Like Ron said, there seemed to be a pretty good flow of people coming through...of course we were right next to them. But it seemed like a good weekend for our area with not much else going on. And the great weather helped as well as the ample parking. Let's hope this one takes off, it was a great event. Extra kudos to Ron and his team, Pigheaded BBQ, for helping get this one off the ground.:clap2: I dont think Vito...I mean, Mose could have done it without you.

I agree that Mose and crew did a fabulous job. I really liked the apple toast, country sausage and corn cakes from the Amish breakfast at the Dutch Country Market. Between breakfast and the MABA shot (Dogfish Head Honey Rum, thanks Pig Headed) I was fueled up for the day! Big congrats to Black Cat and Flying Porkers on the GC and RGC respectively. And as for that "little ol' team from Texas" (by way of Springfield VA) I am thinking I may need to get a new banner that provides the phonetic pronunciation of "Degüello". In our wildest dreams, we never imagined we'd get three calls in our second KCBS contest ever AND a third place overall. When Murray was reading chicken results and said what sounded like "Dugullo BBQ" I was sitting there thinking "man that kinda sounds like "Degüello BBQ". Then I realized "Hey that IS 'Degüello'"!!! As for the ribs.....well, we've got a month to work on them until the Safeway National Capital BBQ Battle. 124th out of 132 at Pork In The Park and 21st out of 42 at Middletown. At least we're headed in the right direction....:roll:

WTG Black Cat, Congrats!!!!!!!! :clap2:
Congrats to Flying Porkers for the RGC and all who walked. Great job Kit, I don't think Murray is a ZZ Top fan :wink:

WTG Black Cat, Congrats!!!!!!!! :clap2:
Congrats to Flying Porkers for the RGC and all who walked. Great job Kit, I don't think Murray is a ZZ Top fan :wink:

Maybe more of a Sinatra fan I would imagine. :p

Dan, anytime you want to show me how to make ribs, I'm available. Hey I can dream......

:pray:

Maybe more of a Sinatra fan I would imagine. :p

Dan, anytime you want to show me how to make ribs, I'm available. Hey I can dream......

:pray:

Me? Thinking I just hit the right table. Now, for that chicken and brisket recipe of yours.......

Back