THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell Chuckie he is weak for not coming back to Westmont this year... :cool:

You folks have fun. We'll see everyone this summer...

Scottie

Tell Chuckie he is weak for not coming back to Westmont this year... :cool:

You folks have fun. We'll see everyone this summer...

Scottie

Thanks Scottie!! Jeff Clark called me a few days back and said Chuckie was up there with his new Hummer last weekend playing around in the Dunes....me thinks that's where his comp $$$ have gone for the year....lol...but I'll tell him..:tongue:

whoa makes me think what did i get into by volunteering with Tonto..lol

I will have to send you a sympathy card..... :biggrin:

Sounds like you all are going to have a great time. I would love to be there, but will be cooking in a ribfest on Saturday. Have fun, enjoy yourselves, and don't eat too much... :wink: I know you wouldn't even think of it.

Don't forget the pics.... remember da rulz... no pic, didn't happen.

Im half assed ready, had the Klose mobile on fire 2 times this afternoon.
Cleaned it with weed burner and grill brush.
Im hoping and praying the storms will move around us as well as the rain.
See you folks tomorrow sometime.
Going back to packing tools now.
Have a safe ride to Eagle Michigan.
Be advised orange barrels are up and some minor traffic delays this afternoon.

I will have to send you a sympathy card..... :biggrin:

Sounds like you all are going to have a great time. I would love to be there, but will be cooking in a ribfest on Saturday. Have fun, enjoy yourselves, and don't eat too much... :wink: I know you wouldn't even think of it.

Don't forget the pics.... remember da rulz... no pic, didn't happen.

Smart ash...:tongue: Wish ya lived closer Bill, we'll catch ya somtime this season!!

I'll be there when I finish loading. Now that could be noon but more likely 2 or 3. Still putting stuff back in the trailer. And who cares about rain. I'll bungee one side of the ezup to my trailer and the other to the truck. If it goes up then we may be in Ohio or Ontario before we land.

Hope the weather is holding as it is here. The wifey and I should be up around 11 to see how everyone is doing.

This Guy is happy!!!

037.jpg

Thanks again everyone, I don't have much time today but I must cook on the new UDS so I'll throw a couple of fatties and some chicken breasts on then it will be off to Lowes to buy a cover for it since its suppose to rain tonight. Mike, thanks for the opportunity to judge the contest. The wife and I really enjoyed learning about what goes on behind the judges tent, NJ Mike gave us some really good info. We are going to plan on taking a KCBS judging class. Last but not least, double thank yous out to Steve Coddington for making and donating the UDS for the raffle. I really like the fire basket handle and caster dolly.

Congrats to Smokin Scotmen on their first GC

Pretty good butt whipping they put on this weekend. Looks like they did take notes at those classes. Maybe they don't need that FE after all. And if you want to sell it let me know. I could add to my collection of old beat up FE's.

Thanks to the GLBBQA for putting on this event and to BBQBull for the site. Except for the Michigan weather it was excellent.

To all the Brethren there, good seeing people again after a long winter.

Pretty good butt whipping they put on this weekend. Looks like they did take notes at those classes. Maybe they don't need that FE after all. And if you want to sell it let me know. I could add to my collection of old beat up FE's.

Who? Who whipped your butts? The implication is that the Smokin' Scotsmen did, but can someone let us know for sure?

Congrats on the UDS, Neil!

Who? Who whipped your butts? The implication is that the Smokin' Scotsmen did, but can someone let us know for sure?

Congrats on the UDS, Neil!

I guess that would be me... Real Quick here are the top 5 overall from our practice cook:

1. Smoking Scotsmen
2. Great Lakes BBQ and Feed Co
3. Pork of the North
4. All Day Smoke
5. Hickory BBQ

I will post full results later, It was a great time and it was good to see some good friends after a long winter and what a spread of food Friday night!!

Oh and thanks Walt and Theresa for giving me a shot of Jack Saturday morning, it has been 15 years since I have had Jack!! :cool:

Back