Memorial Day rib cook

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Decided I was going to cook a couple slabs of spares yesterday. I picked up some Prairie Fresh full spares and got to work trimming them to STL style. Coated with Oakridge BBQ Dominator Rib Rub and onto the Primo using Jealous Devil lump and a mix of pecan and cherry wood chips. Summertime was calling so the ribs were rounded out with potato salad, cucumber tomato salad, and corn on the cob. It hit the spot, no complaints even from my picky eater :clap2:

That looks great. My last rib cook was a disaster. After 7 hours the meat was still tough and sticking to the bones. Must have been one tough hog.

That looks great. My last rib cook was a disaster. After 7 hours the meat was still tough and sticking to the bones. Must have been one tough hog.

Did you wrap for at least 2 hours? Sometimes I wrap, sometimes not depending on my mood.

I do know that every time I do wrap I've never had a tough issue. Always tender.

Sometimes I like a little "pull" as is proper with the comp crowd. Then I don't wrap.

I wrapped these for about 45 minutes, mainly to preserve color but the “braise” action does tender them up a bit.

Looking great Suds! I scored some Praire fresh spares for $1.99/lb. A pack went into the freezer (wish I had more room) and the other pack on the Yoder yesterday. They're so much better than the regular stuff.

Looking great Suds! I scored some Praire fresh spares for $1.99/lb. A pack went into the freezer (wish I had more room) and the other pack on the Yoder yesterday. They're so much better than the regular stuff.

Paid $2.22/lb at Wally World out here, added a few to the freezer at that price :thumb:

Back