THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chargrill2369

Knows what a fatty is.
My wife is so supportive. We had ribs yesterday on the uds. Today I said let's have a meat loaf. She said let's smoke it. Then she said let's make mac and cheese and smoke that too. Get to use the uds 2 days in a row and have a happy wife. Life is good.

Never done a home made Mac and cheese. It looks good but open to tips

Attachments

• 20200621_171225.jpg
    20200621_171225.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
It was good. I would smoke the meat loaf in a pan next time. The mac and cheese was my first one. I would put it on a bit sooner so that you could get some char on top. Smoked meat loaf was better than I thought it would be for sure.

For mac&cheese I like to mix panko and melted butter and spread that over the top. Browns nicely and gives a good crunch.

The meatloaf in the pan statement...did it dry out on you, or is that just to keep the fat/fluids from getting all over the grill?

I add a mix of smoked gouda cheese and cheddar to the macaroni, then either bake it or smoke it. Then let cool and then use it to ....make a fatty. This is the families most favorite!!!

Back