THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've tested my ET732 twice and was within 3* of boiling both times. I did have a bad pit probe which Maverick gladly replaced for free ( after warrenty period was up).

I gave up on the original E73 about a year ago, the temps were all over the place in boiling water.. from 178* to 213*. I went through 2 of them too.

I was going to post a thread asking which one I should purchase today. I think by reading this I'll spend the extra $ and buy the Thermoworks TW8060.

Thanks,

Brian

In the above described cook, what all were you cooking? Just a butt? Where were the oven thermos and the Maverick probe located on the grate? Could you look down and see where the fire was burning in the basket?

I was cooking a butt, and ribs for the final 6 hours. The lid was not opened within the first 6 hours of the butt cook. The fire was in the middle of the basket and all three pi thermos were within 2 inches of each other. Has anyone else experienced the maverick being finicky?

I may have to try the thermoworks myself. Cant justify the expense though.

A video comparing the two would be great Clickover!

Last edited:
Back