THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best to use a patterned paper towel for the greens drape. Friends had a white one get stuck to the top, forgot to remove it for turn-in. You can imagine what it looked like when opened at the judging table!

Whether I put ice in the cooler really depends on the outside temp. If it's cool, no ice. Mainly just put the boxes in there to keep them safe.

I do ours Wednesday night before a comp with my wife's help, cover the parsley with a damp paper towel and flip into turn-in boxes Friday night so they are ready for turn-ins on Saturday. One of my teammates once told somebody, "he makes turn-in boxes look so good you want to crawl in one and take a nap".

I guess this is why I don't farm them out. :wink:

For those of you that worry about cold greens, simple answer is pre heat a tupperware or similar container close to the size of your layout and add heated water to warm this area. Done that for years with success.Timing is something to learn for you don't want wilt anything. Just a quick rise in temp then meat. Steve.

I put mine in a 2gallon zip lock bag in a cooler with wet paper towel. Then pop them in the cambro just before turn in. For about 5 minutes to warm up. Never had any wilting issues

We did ours on saturday and just stuck in the woods under a tree. I wouldnt fuss too much about the garnish. it just needs to be there and be neat. they are really judging the meat.

Back