MAK Grills talk/pics/thoughts/reviews and appreciation thread

That’s a lotta beef! What’s the plans? No rub on the sides! That just allows for extra smoke penetration ��

That’s a lotta beef! What’s the plans? No rub on the sides! That just allows for extra smoke penetration ��

Two chuck roast packages from Costco.

Cut up one roast and put in the freezer. That will be for beef & barley stew next week.

The three on the grill will end up being pulled for barbecue beef sandwiches. I’m putting together a package for a family that’s home bound so one or so of the pulled roasts will go to them along with homemade potato salad, roasted green beans, and homemade barbecue sauce.

I've never actually cooked a fatty before. I seem to have some extra English muffins and some pepperjack cheese that it'd be a shame let go to waste. Why not smoke up some sausage and make a sausage mc-er sausage breakfast sandwich.
i-MzBLnB6-L.jpg

Not much damage in the uncasing
i-KKpf6gj-L.jpg

Dusted with rub and ready to go on the MAK.
i-DxXpmpS-L.jpg

That’s sounds like a plan! Very nice of you. I’m avoiding as many people s as necessary! That’s just normal for me!

Up two pounds for the month of March...

I’ve only made one change... I found Mountain Dew Zero... GAWD it’s good but more than likely spiking me insulin level...

Goodbye MDZ...

We’ll see what May 1st brings...

Up two pounds for the month of March...

I’ve only made one change... I found Mountain Dew Zero... GAWD it’s good but more than likely spiking me insulin level...

Goodbye MDZ...

We’ll see what May 1st brings...

Isn’t MDZ sugar free?

Cook completed. The MAK rub added a nice bit of sweet with a wee touch of heat on the backend (or was the heat from the sausage? I haven't had JD in forever).

The sandwich turned out nicely. In the future I'll start a fatty far ahead of when I intend to use it. Perhaps do a batch, vac-u-seal them and then thaw/slice pan fry for individual use. Now I need to figure out how to get a round egg like the clown does.
i-s4mwzmN-L.jpg

i-Kb4CdpM-L.jpg

Cook completed. The MAK rub added a nice bit of sweet with a wee touch of heat on the backend (or was the heat from the sausage? I haven't had JD in forever).

The sandwich turned out nicely. In the future I'll start a fatty far ahead of when I intend to use it. Perhaps do a batch, vac-u-seal them and then thaw/slice pan fry for individual use. Now I need to figure out how to get a round egg like the clown does.
i-s4mwzmN-L.jpg

i-Kb4CdpM-L.jpg

yum Yum and YUM!!!!

i-s4mwzmN-L.jpg

i-Kb4CdpM-L.jpg

Man that looks good. So on the fatty, is it just the sausage straight out of the package or do you put stuff inside if it? How long do you cook then? Looks very good!

Last edited:
Man that looks good. So on the fatty, is it just the sausage straight out of the package or do you put stuff inside if it? Hire long do you cook then? Looks very good!

It was just the JimmyDean Sage dusted with the MAK sweet rub. It took about 2 hours. I cooked it at 225 to 140 then 265 until ~165.

Chuckies turned into dinner . . .

Took them to 190* IT and then pulled & sliced.
N26xhVn.jpg

Hot giardiniera, then beef, then provolone. Homemade barbecue sauce on the other half bun.
9AEvX3L.jpg

Plated dinner.
UL77lMg.jpg

Looks very good! Going to have to try & smoke one of those for some French dips!

Back