MAK Grills talk/pics/thoughts/reviews and appreciation thread

I emptied the pot after the burn in and the CSR cook, so it had ~ 5 hours worth burned between 350-400.

Doesn’t sound unreasonable at all. That said, and I know that not all MAK owners do this... but I really find that MAK’s are happiest when starting each cook with a freshly cleaned fire pot :)

After last nights cook I wanted to see what the inside of the grill looked like after 16 hours of use. I was curious as to how much ash was generated over that time (temps usually ~250 with about 2hrs at 350 and 1.5 at 400).

Behold, what once was virgin stainless steel is now about as pure as the driven snow.

Flame zone covers/heat diffuser
i-HPDN6T8-L.jpg

Diffuser removed showing the grease tray/fire pot cover - relatively little ash (compared to say lump/sticks)
i-nxcwgMk-L.jpg

i-9Q4JcFq-L.jpg

Not much ash in the fire pot, with the dumped pellets that speed up ignition of the next cook
i-rz3XSCp-L.jpg

Compared again to a similar amount of lump/sticks the residual ash is nothing
i-GtpWCnC-L.jpg

i-q3srW3q-L.jpg

Hello augur
i-L4B3BS9-L.jpg

Because of the design of the MAK I didn't need a shop vac to clean up the interior. A dust brush worked just fine to herd the ash into the drip pan.:thumb:

After last nights cook I wanted to see what the inside of the grill looked like after 16 hours of use. I was curious as to how much ash was generated over that time (temps usually ~250 with about 2hrs at 350 and 1.5 at 400).

Behold, what once was virgin stainless steel is now about as pure as the driven snow.

Flame zone covers/heat diffuser
i-HPDN6T8-L.jpg

Diffuser removed showing the grease tray/fire pot cover - relatively little ash (compared to say lump/sticks)
i-nxcwgMk-L.jpg

i-9Q4JcFq-L.jpg

Not much ash in the fire pot, with the dumped pellets that speed up ignition of the next cook
i-rz3XSCp-L.jpg

Compared again to a similar amount of lump/sticks the residual ash is nothing
i-GtpWCnC-L.jpg

i-q3srW3q-L.jpg

Hello augur
i-L4B3BS9-L.jpg

Because of the design of the MAK I didn't need a shop vac to clean up the interior. A dust brush worked just fine to herd the ash into the drip pan.:thumb:

That looks about right! I’ll bet I don’t clean out the belly of my MAK more than 3 times/year. The ash just sits down there and doesn’t harm a thing. I do keep things tidy from the Flame Zone up... but down below I rarely mess with :)

Having been quarantined these past 2 weeks with a MAK right outside the back door, I decided to step on the scale this morning just to keep tabs on things. Discovered that I have gained 4 lbs in the past 2 weeks. Thanks a lot MAK Grills [emoji37]

I've been losing weight, have a home gym and been lifting more, logged 110mi last week on the bike and as soon as I get this Butt on the Drum going out for a 25 mile ride which will put me at 65mi for the week.

I've been losing weight, have a home gym and been lifting more, logged 110mi last week on the bike and as soon as I get this Butt on the Drum going out for a 25 mile ride which will put me at 65mi for the week.

That is awesome! Having a houseful of kids keeps me in shape... lol. I keep my weight within a 5lb range. Approaching the top of that range and need to adjust a bit... lol.

That is awesome! Having a houseful of kids keeps me in shape... lol. I keep my weight within a 5lb range. Approaching the top of that range and need to adjust a bit... lol.

I am completely off the rails, not that I was ever on them per say, but they've become a mythical lost city of legend.

Chuck roasts went on a bit ago. (Yes, I was lazy and I didn't cover the sides with rub!)

Rub is a sprinkling of Oakridge Habanero Death Dust followed by a covering of Black Ops.

2Fr2zj4.jpg

Lookin’ good!! To lazy to cover the sides with rub? Guess we’ll have to give you a pass considering you had just emptied all your energy into firing up and stabilizing the smoker... lol ;-)

Lookin’ good!! To lazy to cover the sides with rub? Guess we’ll have to give you a pass considering you had just emptied all your energy into firing up and stabilizing the smoker... lol ;-)

The smoker was the easy part. It was children, pets, and work all demanding attention.

Back