THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The only recollection of loose meat sandwiches I can recall was on Rosanne when she was opening her own restaurant.

I vowed never to eat anything Rosanne ate.

Went to Iowa for three days with Michael to visit family. I come form a small farm town of a few hundred people. First night we watched a local high school softball game and had a Maidrite from the snack stand. Felt right at home.

The next day we stopped into the Dairy Queen in Spencer, IA. They had a "Barbecue Sandwich" on the menu. It was basically the same sandwich with BBQ sauce.

When I was in second grade (late 70s), my family moved from GA to OK so that my parents could go to a bible school. My parents were both only working part time while putting themselves through school as well as a daughter in college and three more children at home; so, my folks were always looking for inexpensive stuff.

One night, my mother browned some loose ground beef in a pan, poured off some of the grease, and then dumped barbecue sauce on it and stirred it all together. We still eat it this way on a regular basis.

Back