Lowes has 18# bags of cowboy lump on clearance for as low as 3.99 a bag.

Check again. $3.99 here
Chicago-Brickyard Lowe's #1845
2630 N. Narragansett Ave
Chicago IL 60639

Brickyard have (or had) one bag. Lincolnwood was the only other Lowes that had Cowboy listed as "in stock", and at $11.97.

I called to see if Lincolnwood would honor the Brickyard price and the rep couldn't even locate the bags in the store.

You can purchase online for pickup at that store. I would do it today. This way you don't waste a trip tomorrow and find out it's sold out when you get there. When I went to pickup my online order, they had bunch set aside for online orders and everything was sold out.

vefXZw5l.jpg

Thanks that's exactly what I did. Got 15 bags waiting for me.

I tried Cowboy many years ago and it was total crap. I understand it's better now, so ordered 10 bags @ $3.99 at the only local Lowes that has it at this price.

Western Lump is only 13% off at our local Walmarts, so the Cowboy at $.22 pr lb vs the Western at $.32 a lb is a no-brainer.

And thanks to the OP for the heads up on this sale!

15 bags in the Grand Marquis. I estimate I could have fit 9 more but I didn't want them in the front seat or blocking the rear view mirror. :biggrin1:

Attachments

• 20190622_155918.jpg
    20190622_155918.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190622_155936.jpg
    20190622_155936.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 46
Got mine! Was picking up a water heater for the house and remembered seeing this thread so I popped over to the charcoal section, got the last 4 bags for $4.87, not the $3.99 ya'll were getting but I'm damn good with it!

I tried Cowboy many years ago and it was total crap. I understand it's better now, so ordered 10 bags @ $3.99 at the only local Lowes that has it at this price.

Western Lump is only 13% off at our local Walmarts, so the Cowboy at $.22 pr lb vs the Western at $.32 a lb is a no-brainer.

And thanks to the OP for the heads up on this sale!

Seems like Cowboy lump is still the same crap I tried years ago. :mmph:

Chunks are very light and burn down very quickly compared to other quality lump brands. I'm keeping the open bag, but taking the other 9 back to Lowes for a refund.

Seems like Cowboy lump is still the same crap I tried years ago. :mmph:

Chunks are very light and burn down very quickly compared to other quality lump brands. I'm keeping the open bag, but taking the other 9 back to Lowes for a refund.
It's $3.99 for an 18 pound bag. I'm not sure what more you could expect. I'm on my first bag and there are lots of small pieces midway down the bag. Some of that may have to do with handling. I venture to say the Western 30# bags are better but it's still a deal at $3.99 for 18 pounds. And it's Southern Style, Made In USA. I haven't found any tongue and groove lumber from Ecuador yet. :p

Back