Looking for the older post of Carolina pulled pork

I'm at a stall, too. No worries. I planned for this to take 10-12 hours. Well under control, and it's still 2 hours till drink time!

6.5 hours in:

1 grate temp
2 exhaust temp
3 meat temp

picture.php

picture.php

This was such good idea lol

can't wait to see the results. I've been in a cue rut for a long time...looking to branch out and try some new things. This thread and the one linked above is going to be great

Last edited:
All done!
9hrs. 22 min. to 196 internal. This will be going in a cooler in a bit, to feed my friends at work tomorrow. Right now, it's wrapped up like a little baby...

Thanks, SirPorkaLot!

picture.php

picture.php

TO BE CONTINUED......

Last edited:
Bam! Awesome recipe! This was great.. . straight bbq at it's finest!! I was hesitant to not wrap (never went without wrapping before) but it was great. .. Ran hickory the whole time, not over smoked at all

Two regrets. . one, go hard with the salt like John says, I held back a touch but shouldn't have. . . snow cap that thing. . .two I shoulda went 3/4-1 TBS of red pepper in the sauce. . . still amazin'!!!

Franken, I bet your crushing your great dinner, it was really fun to watch our cooks to goo together. .. Scoring was a great idea, I think I'll have to do that next time. . . glad we did this

Thanks for this!

744b20b54a04d18e86088c0b01198f76.jpg

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bam! Awesome recipe! This was great.. . straight bbq at it's finest!! I was hesitant to not wrap (never went without wrapping before) but it was great. .. Ran hickory the whole time, not over smoked at all

Two regrets. . one, go hard with the salt like John says, I held back a touch but shouldn't have. . . snow cap that thing. . .two I shoulda went 3/4-1 TBS of red pepper in the sauce. . . still amazin'!!!

Franken, I bet your crushing your great dinner, it was really fun to watch our cooks to goo together. .. Scoring was a great idea, I think I'll have to do that next time. . . glad we did this

Thanks for this!

744b20b54a04d18e86088c0b01198f76.jpg

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Great job!
Super looking pork

Yes! I just ate dinner and I still think I have room enough for just a little pinch of skin and some meat w/ Lexington or Eastern NC sauce... You fellas dun good!

Back