THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I use a MAP torch like halfcocked posted to light charcoal. If I were trying to light logs for a stick burner I’d probably go with a weed burner.
Have to confess that I recently bought a log lighter from Tejas Smokers but not for the smoker (though I intend to use it there as well) but, primarily for my Kettle pizza mod, in progress.

All I can say is: lots of $ just to light a fire. LOL

Indeed. I still do the chimney & dump method for the IVC. I have a short chimney from weber that holds just enough coals to start up a smoker quickly without being a pain to handle.

I have a J George - similar to the one in the OP. Works a charm. I know the weed burners probably pack a bit more power, but I am space constrained in my grilling area and didn't want to find storage for an extra 20lb tank. This is perfect and still gets me going as fast as I could ever really need.

One more follow-up on my Sous-VGun; customer service responded, and after disussing the leak (coming from the barrel) had me try opening and then closing the valve HARD a few times to get the brass to form a bit. It seems to have done the trick.

I still don’t think these are issues I should have been facing, but the vertical bottle attachment/avoiding tripping the check valve *is* discussed in detail in the manual and CS did come through for me, so I’ll change my recommendation from a hard no-buy to “if you buy, RTFM and don’t be surprised if it isn’t perfect even so.”

It’s good to have a searing device between the little Searzall and the huge flame-throwing weed burner again.

I lite the smoker with the HF weed burner, which I've had for 5+ yrs, 10-12 pieces of charcoal with splits on top. Only problem with the burner is the ignition button and flame adjustment knob don't work but I use the open/close knob on the tank to regulate.

Bride would probably run and hide if I brought a weed burner into her kitchen zone

Last edited:
Back