Looking for a built-in gas and charcoal combo grill

Smithers1945

Knows what a fatty is.
Hi guys. I’ve got a bbq island that has what appears to be a 36’’ gas grill built in, but I want to replace it with something better. Is there a such thing as a gas grill that can also be used as a charcoal grill?

I can grill on both my MAK and Shirley, but want something that’ll be quick and easy to fire up for times I don’t want to tend the fire or grill all day. Thanks

They exist as I had a similar quest a few years ago. I opted to go straight gas because it felt like a it was not going to hold up quite as long. I need to go through my marketing materials but I think it was either Bull or Delta grill. It wasnt $15k either. Those Kalamazoo look way overpriced.

Edit: so just did a quick search and neither Bull or Delta have a hybrid. I remember it was a bit of a pain to find one but it was in the $1.5-2k range

Last edited:
American muscle grill for the money...unless you can swing Kalamazoo

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a napoleon prestige pro and really like it and that's after not having a gas grill for over 10 years. It's great for weekday/Winter cooks.
As for it's ability to use charcoal, I mean yeah it has that available tray and yeah it's easy to light. However, since it's a gas grill it is full of air leaks so there isn't really any control over the temp with the charcoal.
Mine has a smoker tray with it's own burner that I use for reverse searing. I get the smoke flavor and a great sear on the infrared burner. Flavor wise I'd say it's 95% similar but I do miss playing with fire. But that's what weekends and my other cookers are for.
Here's the built-in model, lacks the infrared burner of the standalone:
https://www.napoleon.com/en/ca/barbecues/products/built-gas-grills/built-prestige-pro-series/built-prestige-pro-665-rb-bipro665rbpss-3

I believe my inlaws have this one...but I am not 100%. I have seen theirs in action and it works well. It is a Charbroil so not very expensive

Last edited:
Back