THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ttkt57

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Bill Bryant
I tried something today that might be too easy for guaranteed success, but it wasn't bad. I might do it again in a pinch if I'm too busy to give ribs more attention.

1. Set cooker to 225°F.
2. Remove membrane, coat with oil, apply rub.
3. Put ribs in cooker and don't peek for 4 hours.
4. Slather with lots of BBQ sauce.
5. Remove ribs at the 5 hour mark.
6. Rest ribs for 20 minutes.
7. Slice and enjoy.

So ... what is your usual involved time consuming method ? Those look righteous.

I'm always fiddling with things and have never settled down to a usual method. Sometimes I spritz or mop every hour, sometimes I wrap, sometimes I rotate at three hours, sometimes I sauce at the end . . . or not, sometimes I test for doneness with toothpicks or bending, sometimes I toss the rack on a hot grill for a quick sear at the end. Like I say, I'm always fiddling.

I'll let you know if I ever settle on a preferred method.

I often wonder whether all the fiddling I do actually makes them worse! As long as you enjoy the process and end up with ribs looking like that, you're golden!

Back