Live from the BBQ Brethren...It's "Friday Night"...what are you smokin' this weekend?

Threw a flat on with Klose rub and a little Smitty's rub this morning. The skewer went through like butter.

DSCN1328.jpg

DSCN1332.jpg

And here is the Plowboy's rubbed chicken breast and tenders from last night.

DSCN1327.jpg

31.7# of Pork Butt (or tooshie as my daughter called it last night).
My sis had her 6th child this week ( I know RC...) and I wanted to give them some que. Bone in butts at RD were 1.14 per pound so I decided to load up my freezer too.
They went on last night at 8 pm and are wrapped in foil and at at 185.
Here's some pron, I'll post a pic of the finished product later.
P1010029.jpg
P1010032.jpg
P1010036.jpg

P1010034-1.jpg
P1010040.jpg
P1010042.jpg

at 10 am they were wrapped. Tragically, a nice chuck broke off and had to be consumed immediately:biggrin:

Now THAT'S a load of butts in a WSM. Lookin' good bro! :p

Consumed this leg of lamb this afternoon done on the Weber rotisserie. Marinated overnight in EVOO,garlic powder and Tuscan seasoning.
Picture687.jpg

Picture688.jpg

I got a 7lb butt going in tonight (while I sleep) then some big azzz pork spare ribs in the morning.

Same thing only other way spare ribs first (dinner) 7 lb butt is at 160 so far been out there about 5 1/2 hours a lil bit to go.

I had some country style ribs about 8 or so small ones, i rub them with everglades seasoning ( i use this when frying gator tail) and they came out GREAT ! Wow they were real good !

All done on UDS, First cook on it.

Here is the post about the white castle fatty, there is no way I could take credit for this glorious creation

post_old.gif
01-08-2009, 02:57 PM #11 Porky
is one Smokin' Farker
beer.png
beer.png

blue.gif

icon1.gif

Last night I put together 4 fatties:
1) diced White Castle Cheese burgers(4) and add some sharp cheddar and granulted garlic. It will be seasoned w/Yardbird rub
2,3,4- sauteed onion, garlic powder,strips of yellow pepper,creamed cheese ,monterey jack. Seasoned with D-Dogs Apple rub.
These will be served as appetizer for Saturday party.

Lg. Big Green Egg born 6/23/08
Weber Gasser
Weber OTG
KCBS #20486
Illuminati wannabee

Like what you do. Do what you like.:smile:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54724

The butts turned out great, it took a total of 19 hrs of cook time running at 230 +/-.
Here's the finished product (Only 2 of the butts are shown here.)
P1010045.jpg
P1010046.jpg
P1010047.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the post about the white castle fatty, there is no way I could take credit for this glorious creation

post_old.gif
01-08-2009, 02:57 PM #11 Porky
is one Smokin' Farker
beer.png
beer.png

blue.gif

icon1.gif

Last night I put together 4 fatties:
1) diced White Castle Cheese burgers(4) and add some sharp cheddar and granulted garlic. It will be seasoned w/Yardbird rub
2,3,4- sauteed onion, garlic powder,strips of yellow pepper,creamed cheese ,monterey jack. Seasoned with D-Dogs Apple rub.
These will be served as appetizer for Saturday party.
Weber Gasser
Weber OTG
KCBS #20486
Illuminati wannabee

Like what you do. Do what you like.:smile:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54724
Sounds good, I thought it was made of beef and done some how like a WC burger. I didn't understand it was a stuffing. Maybe I should try to make what I was thinking of.

Don't trust the weatherman!

Supposed to be nice smoking weather all weekend. I had brined a turkey, a whole chicken, 2 5 pound pork loins, and 10 pounds of chicken quarters. Thawed 2 fatties. One Sage, and one Maple.

Got the turkey and loins in and of course the wind picks up, it always does. Ended up putting a patio table on its side to block the Bandera. Kept feeding charcoal. Wind gusts up to 45 miles an hour. Blue wisp of smoke, who can tell!!!

Turkey and loin are done at 11 pm. Start again on Saturday.

Right!!! Temp dropped to freezing, wind still doing 35 to 50.

Sunday morning put in the chicken quarters and whole chicken that had been marinating all Saturday. Oh, almost forgot the Fatties!!

My sweetie is checking the fattie temp every 30 minutes. Almost there!!

Don't trust the weatherman!

Supposed to be nice smoking weather all weekend. I had brined a turkey, a whole chicken, 2 5 pound pork loins, and 10 pounds of chicken quarters. Thawed 2 fatties. One Sage, and one Maple.

Got the turkey and loins in and of course the wind picks up, it always does. Ended up putting a patio table on its side to block the Bandera. Kept feeding charcoal. Wind gusts up to 45 miles an hour. Blue wisp of smoke, who can tell!!!

Turkey and loin are done at 11 pm. Start again on Saturday.

Right!!! Temp dropped to freezing, wind still doing 35 to 50.

Sunday morning put in the chicken quarters and whole chicken that had been marinating all Saturday. Oh, almost forgot the Fatties!!

My sweetie is checking the fattie temp every 30 minutes. Almost there!!

Back