It's Friday Folks...What's Smokin' This Weekend???...

Venison kabobs tomorrow evening, not so ABTs (using sweet peppers instead of jalapenos), cherry pie using cherries from the backyard, and if I get my act together - possibly homemade ice cream.

MRI_Boy gathering Cherries..........

n581721988_726205_1502.jpg

n581721988_726204_1158.jpg

Unfortunately, nothing will be on my pit this weekend. I am working on my PhD and have way too much homework to even find time to go to the store. :(

It's ok brother live vicariously through us. One day you will be well off and be able to afford the smoker of your dreams. It will be worth it in the long run.:grin:

Today was a 5# brisket flat, nothing tomorrow. Sunday will be BB's, wings, fatties & ABT's (even with the recall)

I have been bitten by the pizza bug, so pizzas Saturday nite, and then helping a local charity Sunday. They buy, I cook, they sell - 55lbs of tri-tip for sandwiches and about 100 thighs, potato salad and cole slaw. Drive thru dinner fund raiser from 1 to 4.

I have the Pizza bug too. I did one on the kettle tonight. Came out great. Slow weekend....Ribs and wings tomorrow, Steaks on sunday.

Got a neighbor that requested pulled pork - liked the sample of one of my first butts so dropped 2 butts on the UDS at midnight

overnight smokes rock on the UDS!

Just threw a couple butts on for some family and friends to enjoy later on this evening.

Last night was red pepper shrimp in the wok. I also put on one lonely butt in the SW. Today I am doing 8 racks of spares and 20 leg quarters for a small pick up job. The beans, slaw, and potato salad I finished yesterday.

Alright boys and girls,
Ribs are trimmed and generously rubbed with Hen-n-Hog dust, Cimmaron is fired up with a basket full of Rancher and a hickory split.
Ribs have been on for about 30 minutes.
Waitin' for a spell to put the trimmins on.
This time, I will post pron with the new camera.
Gotta mow lawn now and will put a couple meatloafs on later.

Ah yes...I see now...I'd hit that!
You mean the brisket, right JD?

No pics, so it didn't happen. But I egged 3 pizzas tonight. They were the first that I've done in a couple of years, and they were great.

Tomorrow will be either a spatchcock or halfcock chicken, or some thighs. Probably the whole bird. I'll take pics of that one. :wink:

Back