THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L

LittleDick'sBBQ

Greetings,

I have discovered a new use for our cooler. (We have one similar to this that we use on the boat. )

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/polar-bear-coolers/navy-48-pack-polar-bear-coolers.html

I am using it regularly to rest/store/transport BBQ. Close it up tight and it keeps ice cold and hot stuff warm for a LONG time. It is superior (and $$) than a plastic cooler AND is tough, won't pop open ("premature evacuation"), and easy to carry. Could be the right balance between a cheapo plastic cooler and a Cambro?

Little Dick

For under $30 I can get an Igloo MaxCold 48 qt. on wheels. Or, for $6 I can get one at the local Goodwill. $90 seems a bit pricey just to hold meat.

For under $30 I can get an Igloo MaxCold 48 qt. on wheels. Or, for $6 I can get one at the local Goodwill. $90 seems a bit pricey just to hold meat.

I agree, these coolers ARE expensive to just hold meat. We use our cooler primarily to hold ice cubes/blocks/frozen food on our sailboat. We cruise for weeks at a time and can get a few days out of the ice in the middle of summer. As long as we already have the cooler, what the heck??

Little Dick

Back