THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
With the price of pork now days I pulled a Pork Picnic out of the freezer that I got on sale a few months back. Try to find them for $.89 lb. now days. :roll:

I was running out of Pork Rub so I had to make up a new batch.

My wife dubbed it "JK’s Pork Rub" but really this is one of John Setzler’s recipes.

So now everything is ready to start.

First I need to remove the skin. (I love this knife)

Ready to be rubbed down.

Loaded up the kamado and set it up for indirect.

And onto the kamado with some Peach wood added at 275.

We have company so at this time I left and we went out to breakfast. Once we got back I waited for the bark to set and it to hit an IT of 160. I then placed it in an aluminum pan with some apple juice and some root beer and covered. I also bumped up the kamado temp to 310.

Now we left and went for a drive down at the beach. When I got back the IT was 210 and I pulled it off the kamado. Now I open up the vents and let the temp. come up. I was shooting for 425 but ti crept up to 450. :twitch: On goes some core bread.

I let the pork rest for an hour and here it is ready to pull.

It almost fell apart it was so tender.

Corn Bread is done. (A little over done actually)

And here we are at the table ready to start eating.

Oh Yeah! Thanks for looking.

Looks awesome DH! Im doing my first ever picnic tomorrow and I thought I scored at $1.59/lb.

That finished product looks amazing. AussieTitch, I would hope he at least rendered the skin for cooking grease. It makes some outstanding grease when done right.

Back