Leg Of Lamb Kettle Cook In Progress...may take a while...

Happy Birthday Guerry!

Here's my gift to you!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Cheers!

Bill

Happy Birthday, Guerry! Looks like quite a feast. The lamb looks sensational, and Redhot knocked it out of the park with the nanner puddin'. AND you got the Aussie Lamb seal of approval. :thumb:

Oh, and congrats on the mixer! You'll wonder how you ever got by without it. They're fantastic!

Puddin inna bowl with vanilla ice cream.

puddin_zps0b661b91.jpg

now ..........that picture was just mean...............
said he sitting here eatin' his store bought cookies.

For future reference, I assume you added the ice cream just to cut the sweetness of the pudding ? :becky:

awesome cook! looks like it was a happy birthday.

That is a Farking OUTSTANDING Meal Lamb looks perfect Michelle that Nanner Pudding looked like you have ben making it all of your life How long did the lamb take That was a wonderful way to celebrate your B Day

Thanks everybody! Redhot's going to look for and post the recipe and link she found for the puddin. She sifted through a bunch before deciding on one, as the last time she had made pudding from scratch was a few years ago. Banana pudding is basically a vanilla pudding though, but you've got to have ripe bananas so buy them several days in advance if they're shiny yellow. The ones I got Thursday had just started browning just a tad on the skins so they'd be ready by Saturday. Use the good Nilla brand wafers too, or your favorite if you have a good local brand. Makes a difference. The pudding takes a while to make on the stove top, and it seemed like she had to watch and stir it with the whisk just almost constantly. Kinda like risotto in a way: it's right when it's right. Watching Michele make the meringue was fun though. All in all, I think she put more effort in that one dessert than I did for the rest of the entire meal. It was gooooooooooooood. It will be even better today.

Back