Leftover Tri-Tip? Chicago Beef Sammies!!! (PRON)

1000OaksSmoker

Had some leftover tri-tip to work with on Monday and decided to make up some Chicago Beef Dips with it...

First things first, sliced the cold tri-tip super thin with my meat slicer:

attachment.php

For da juice, I took a quartered onion, a couple carrots and four garlic cloves and roasted them in a hot oven for an hour and then added them to a pot with a carton of Beef Stock, two small cans of beef broth and a big TBSP of dried Italian herbs. I let that simmer for about two hours.
Then, I pulled out the veg and added in the sliced beef and let that simmer for about half an hour:

attachment.php

Toaster some French rolls, added da beef, topped it with sauteed bell peppers and provolone and dropped it under the broiler:

attachment.php

WHOO BOY! They were good!!! I would have taken more/better pictures had I known they would be such a winner. Juicy, tender, and tasty as all get out!
Hope you all enjoy.
GS

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 547
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 544
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 546
Great looking sandwich. Unfortunately the closest I have got to leftover tri-tip is when my wife hoards a little of her own for later.

Not to be a purest (I prefer sport peppers to sweet peppers personally), but there is no cheese on a Chicago Italian Beef.

But I sure like how those Philly's look!

:)

i also rarely have leftover tri-tip, but ended up cooking two big boys with only three mouths to feed... ended up working out great for all though!

Not to be a purest (I prefer sport peppers to sweet peppers personally), but there is no cheese on a Chicago Italian Beef.

But I sure like how those Philly's look!

:)

Not my thing either, but at Portillo's, they will ask if you want cheese. The cr@p they pump on ain't cheese anyway, though. ;-)

I like what I see here, wish I had a couple of those right about now.

You can call it anything you want, just call me when they're ready next time!

Not my thing either, but at Portillo's, they will ask if you want cheese. The cr@p they pump on ain't cheese anyway, though. ;-)

Interesting, as the Portillos here don't ask you that at all.

Theory tested just last night

Only question was "sweet or hot" (as in peppers).

Wish we could get consistent tri-tip supply here.

Few and far between

Yep, I concur, never seen cheese on a Chicago Beef. Only questions I've ever been asked are sweet or hot & wet or dry. Next time you make it, add more garlic to the broth. Only place I've ever been able to find tri tip around here was at RD.

Back