Late to The Party.......

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Online Brethren BBQ Party that is .......I got a New Surround Sound System last nite so I Had to stay up Hooking it Up and watching a Movie till 3:45 AM - Olypus Has Fallen or whatever it's called - Decent .....Lots of Action but some of the CG and the Acting a lil Cheesy........

Anyhoo I just put on a 14 lb Packer and some Pork Fibs at High Noon - gonna try and maintain 300-315* ish. - Hoping the Brisket is atleast pulled and Resting by CowBoys Kickoff. Got a Mix of B&B Lump, Stumps Briquets and Hickory Chunks providing Heat n Smoke.

My Maverick grate Temp Probe has decided to wig out after only 5-6 cooks and read way High so I got the meat probe stuck thru the Potato too. They put out good probes for the 732 yet?

null_zps28c761ff.jpg

Smitty have you siliconed and shrink wrapped them where the cable goes into the probe. I've done that to all of my probes and haven't had any problems.

I call them FIBS (Fake Ribs) -country style - but if u get Loin Cut they got bone and are similar to taste texture of Ribs but u get more Meat........:mrgreen:

Nope - hadn't heard of that - guess ill get replacements and do that first. :wink:

It makes all the difference because it's any moisture that gets in there that creates the problem.

Dab some high heat silicone in there and cut a piece of heat shrink, slide it on and shrink it up.

7.5 hrs Exact - Probed Like Pudding.....Didn't even take Temp......1 hr Rest Ill Slice at 8:30 or so -- 5 hrs Nekid and 2.5 hrs in Paper -- Grate Level Smoker Temps ranged from 284*- 325* but was 300-310* most of the Time. :mrgreen:

null_zps5a9d9c09.jpg

Looks good, Smitty! BBQ Equipment Store is selling the new 732 probes. I just got mine delivered yesterday. There is a coupon code for brethren if you look in the vendor section for BBQ Equipment Store.

Back