Last practice pics before Wildomar

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
I'm trying to get it right y'all. Mrs. Mista will strangle me if I make her taste anymore BBQ. The neighbors are happy though.

What do you think?

SDC11140.jpg

SDC11143.jpg

SDC11147.jpg

SDC11149.jpg

Last minute tips? Judges?

That chicken looks great! What temp did you finally settle on - closer to 310 or 325+? Ribs look great as well. Nicely done!

Note to self: Sell house, move to Long Beach, California and be Neil's official BBQ taster. :cool: That looks great Bro.

Thanx guys!

I think I have a process I can repeat now. Let's hope the judges are impressed with it.

Just call me Mr. Rogers - won't you be my neighbor?

It all looks great - those thighs are outta control!:thumb:

Looks great. My only suggestion would be to try for a darker color for the chicken skin. As it is they look nice, and obviously the bite through is there, but they don't really look bbq'ed. A darker skin would also mean more flavor.

Looks great. My only suggestion would be to try for a darker color for the chicken skin. As it is they look nice, and obviously the bite through is there, but they don't really look bbq'ed. A darker skin would also mean more flavor.

I pulled them at 182. Don't know how I could get them any darker without drying them out.

The color looks a lot more red to me than your other attempts. Is that just the camera, or did you make a change this time? In any case, they look great! Good job bro!

Back