Last practice pics before Wildomar

Mista, one of the two newest Choctaw, Oklahoma CBJs gives you 9's in both appearance and apparent tenderness. Holy carp, bro, run with those!

Those look SO much better than what we judged in class. And they strongly resemble turn-ins I've seen at quite a few comps. ;)

The color looks a lot more red to me than your other attempts. Is that just the camera, or did you make a change this time? In any case, they look great! Good job bro!

I used a different camera and the flash.

I was curious because I have been experimenting with BH and even when mixed with the Tenn Red, it doesn't turn out that red for me (and I would like it too).

I also want to find a way to tweak some of the tell tale BH flavors as we have some judges out here who can detect it and tend to score it lower when they know it is being used.

That's cool. The characteristics of the extra black pepper and the mustard seeds usually gives it away. I guess there are others out there copying Blues Hog.

It's along the same line as Blues Hog but I think the black pepper you is more in the rub.

those look absolutely stellar. Excellent job on that chicken....wow.

Man Neil, that is some excellent work on those two meats. I would have guesses Blues Hog also, but, whatever it is, it should do well if looks and apparent tenderness counts.

Great looking ribs and bird. Better get the smoker out of the RV and get practicing...

See you Friday Neil...

From the guy who is SUPER CRITICAL about his own entries' appearance....not so harsh when I judge... every milimetr of chicken that can be seen can be sauced...that will make the protruding bones, etc less noticeable.

As for the ribs, this is gonna sound silly but as excellent as you have them looking, I know you want to take every opportunity to fine tune so....wipe the sauce off the bones. when the meat pulls back from the bones, let them be absolutely bare as opposed to looking just a bit sloppy with some sauce her and none there...you get it.
Dude, they look superb! Both! Don't come compete around me!

Hey Neil,

Unfortunately all the roads are closed between LBC and Wildomar. You probably shouldn't try to come - so some of us other guys have a chance!

Lookes awesome!

Yeah, that rib in front on the far right has more bone showing then the others, so you will probably be judged down for that...:doh:

Back