Last minute ribeye dinner

I failed a cook. I attempted to do a salt brine method I saw on YT on SRF ribeyes and turned them into a salt lick. I couldn't even taste the Carne Crosta :doh:

Gotcha...so there were a few times that I pre-salted a steak before applying Carne Crosta and searing, and in my limited testing the the salt seemed to negatively affect how well CC adhered to the surface of the steak compared to no pre-salting.

I never pre-salt cut steaks even when not using CC, aside from seasoning the steaks as I fire up the grill and they sit waiting to be thrown on the grates, no more than an hour.

Looks amazing and probably tasted better. My last second dinners are usually PB&Js...

Gotcha...so there were a few times that I pre-salted a steak before applying Carne Crosta and searing, and in my limited testing the the salt seemed to negatively affect how well CC adhered to the surface of the steak compared to no pre-salting.

I never pre-salt cut steaks even when not using CC, aside from seasoning the steaks as I fire up the grill and they sit waiting to be thrown on the grates, no more than an hour.
Today's lunch went much better. Light coat of EVO, Carne Crosta and let sit for 30 minutes. No pre-salt. 450°F, 3 minutes each side, rest for 5. Great flavor, but was too done. Should have done 425°F for 2 minutes each side.

Last edited:
Back