Lang 36" Raffle Winner receives prize

Chrome Dome

Knows what a fatty is.
Last year, Fired Up to Help held a raffle to support our charitable missions (Original post is quoted below to save posting in the old thread).

Well, four months after the end of the raffle, the winner (actually his daughter) has received a brand new offset smoker! Due to some issues that arose with a Lang be shipped from the manufacturer, the winner found All Metal Fabrication in Canyon, CA to do the job. Fired Up to Help contributed the cost of a Lang 36" into the All Metal Fabrication build, and they put out a great product! AND, ensured that it was delivered as promised, even after an issue with the freightline, THANKS Cliff! This cooker was customized at the request of the winner.

And thank you to all that purchased a chance, and supported Fired Up to Help in the process! Maybe, if we get blessed again, we'll raffle a cooker of your choice, up to a certain amount of money...

**previous post**
"With the blessing of the Grand Poobah, I post this...

Fired Up to Help, the charity I founded in 2012, is raffling a new, 36" Lang Patio Cooker to raise money for the organization. Tickets are $25 each, with the drawing held after 500 tickets are sold, or on December 1, whichever comes first (hint, we are no where near 500 tickets sold). You can purchase tickets through our website, www.fireduptohelp.org.

I started Fired Up to Help after the tornado devastated Joplin, MO three years ago. My folks drove my dad's cooker there the next day and fed whoever needed to eat. I came up with the idea of having an organization that could cover that type of response in the future. (Little did I know, Operation BBQ Relief was in the works. OBR has become an amazing organization, and we have held local fundraisers to help raise money for two of their disaster responses.) Additionally, I wanted to create an organization that helps other 501(c)(3) organizations raise money by holding BBQ fundraisers.

I met the Grand Poobah in Long Beach, NY after hurricane Sandy. I took my 84” Lang and helped feed those who came to the OBR location. Since then, Fired Up to Help has held eleven fundraisers for other organizations in Virginia and Maryland. We are an all volunteer organization.

I will work with the winner of the raffle to get the cooker to him/her. As we are a small organization, we may not be able to ship the cooker from Virginia at no cost to the winner, depending on where he/she is located.

Thanks!
www.fireduptohelp.org
www.facebook.com\fireduptohelp"

Attachments

• front full view.jpg
    front full view.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Slide tray out.jpg
    Slide tray out.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 218
I have nothing but good to say about Sean and FiredUpToHelp. They do great work, and Sean went above and beyond in his efforts to get that smoker delivered. And the same goes for Cliff at All Metals Fabrication. During the prolonged wait for the originally-announced prize smoker, I succumbed to N+1 and decided to try a reverse-flow myself. Cliff and his crew did a beautiful job on it, and it works wonderfully.

After three months of waiting and BS, Sean and I agreed it was time to do something different. I contacted Cliff, and he worked with me on making some minor changes to their standard model - some my idea based on making it a bit easier for female users, some Cliff's improvements. As a result, I'm confident my daughter and her family have an even better smoker than I do. I didn't realize Cliff was going to deliver it personally (nearly 1200 miles round trip, through some of the dullest country imaginable) until he was already within a few hours of the destination. The shipper apparently flaked, and Cliff just loaded up and hit the road. My daughter even got a personal introduction to the features of the smoker from its builder.

Many thanks to both Sean and Cliff. None of the delays were due to either of them; they both practically stood on their heads to get this done. Some barbecue-deprived people in Idaho are now going to be able to do it themselves. BTW: Cliff's company is in American Canyon, CA - not far from Napa. Canyon, CA is east of Oakland.

Congrats Oak! Looks like a solid build, I like this version better than the other photos I've seen online. Happy their is another local builder near me!!!

Back