Lake Placid, NY 2009

If this helps.. if you are looking for a place to stay in lake placid and use the website of a hotel to check if there is availability and it says no, it is not always true. I called one place that the internet said was booked that actually had alot of availability. They said they have that on the internet as sold out because they do not want to overbook. The place was the golden arrow resort. Seems like a nice place. my family should be hap py. only 2 minute walk to contest and they have 2 bedroom suites available. Is anyone staying at the KOA. I booked the hotel but would rather bring the RV and camp....

If this helps.. if you are looking for a place to stay in lake placid and use the website of a hotel to check if there is availability and it says no, it is not always true. I called one place that the internet said was booked that actually had alot of availability. They said they have that on the internet as sold out because they do not want to overbook. The place was the golden arrow resort. Seems like a nice place. my family should be hap py. only 2 minute walk to contest and they have 2 bedroom suites available. Is anyone staying at the KOA. I booked the hotel but would rather bring the RV and camp....

dude that is way cool I tried online and as bummed. We stayed there last year it was sweet. not cheap but a cool place to stay

If u call the golden arrow ask for jennifer or heidi and tell them u are friends with Dmitry and competing in the BBQ contest. This was all per Dmitry, who side note, is an awesome guy. Never met him, only contact on email, and he treats you like a long time friend.

I'll third that...he offered us his driveway for our trailer if we decide to come up before thursday!! Any cheap..lol hotels/motels near by?

A little over a month until the contest. Spoke to Dmitry yesterday and they are up to 22 teams. He thinks he should get 35-40. I cant wait for this one. Sounds like a great time.

We cant wait either. Dmitry has been awesome for us as well. His warm and gracious nature is what made us decide to plan the trip from KS!

We can't wait; not sure how living out of the 5th wheel for 14 days is going to treat us, (or the 2800 mile round trip) but we are excited!

Living out of a 5th wheel for 2 weeks WITH KIDS... WOW. Good luck.. LOL. We are going to do 1 week after the Hudson Valley ribfest in August and i am already stressing about it.

I am looking at this one. It's an 8 hour drive (on the map) havent figured out gas since its still going up but it could be a gamble for me. I was told it gets large crowds. Anyone been to this before?

Back