Labor Day BBQ Plan?

I'm gonna be in Alabama, meeting my new country-folk relatives, fishin' and eatin' Aunt Faye's fried chicken and catfish.

I might ride around the farm on the tractor and then take a nap in the hammock.

Ken (denim overalls and straw in the mouth mod)

I'm gonna miss cooking Labor Day weekend. I'll be in Philadelphia with my vegetarian daughter. Post lots of pictures so I can drool over what I'm missing.

Sylvie said:
I'm gonna miss cooking Labor Day weekend. I'll be in Philadelphia with my vegetarian daughter. Post lots of pictures so I can drool over what I'm missing.

Shouldn't be a problem. Bunch of purveyors of drool pics here.

BTW, vegetarian daughter? Do you ever wonder where you went wrong. Just kidding. We've got one of them too.

I'll be in Philadelphia with my vegetarian daughter.

My wife is vegetarian, and I own a bbq restaurant! Now that's farked up.

Jorge said:
Hopefully dove breasts.

Just gotta ask--any breast meat (or any meat at all) left after you hit them with your "artillery" ????? :lol:

I had a cousin in OK when I was growing up.
He said, "Real men hunt dove with a 22".
He was an underfed skinny farker :lol:

TIM

The_Kapn said:
Just gotta ask--any breast meat (or any meat at all) left after you hit them with your "artillery" ????? :lol:

I had a cousin in OK when I was growing up.
He said, "Real men hunt dove with a 22".
He was an underfed skinny farker :lol:

TIM

I try to lead em, but my eyes aren't what they used to be:wink: On the other hand, if you find shot in the breast you know it wasn't trapped:lol:

willkat98 said:
Arby's 5 for $5.99
Now, that is funny, true or not. It happens to define what might be a big part of my labor day weekend.
If things go according to plan, we will be traveling north to DC on the Auto train labor day weekend with our motorcycles on board, then spending the next week riding back to Florida via the skyline drive, the blue ridge parkway, and other scenic routes. We are hoping to find some good Q along the way, but I will not be cooking it.
I fully expect that an Arby's, a KFC, and even a Micky D's will be in my future in the next week or so.

I'm planning on getting back on the wagon.

When I started smoking on Father's Day, I had so much fun I told myself I'd smoke at least once a month.

Of course the universe conspired against me and since the third week of July when I had my vacation (and my awesomely wonderful smoking results) I haven't smoked since.

BUT - with this holiday weekend, I am planning on doing it up right with a bunch of projects for myself and friends and family.

What's really nice is that my wife was Very Happy when I told her I was planning on smoking for an entire day over the Labor Day weekend!

So far . . . a whole brisket, at least two whole chickens (Smart Chickens), at least three racks of ribs (including my experimentation with bacon-wrapped ribs for my cousin who calls bacon "The Candy of Meat"), a bone-in shank-end ham and some more jerky.

I've asked my daughter if I could borrow her digital camera for that weekend so be ready for some photos of smokin' meats in Kansas! (As if you've never seen that before.) Also I'll show you my smoker modifications which I've created based on what I've read here.

I'm looking forward to sharing AND eating some awesome meats, of course.

Peace!

/Brother Dave

thillin said:
I'll take a couple, thank you!

Wife won't eat em, and I don't know if I can sqeeze in 1 hunt this year.:cry:

I don't know that I'll get out to hunt opening weekend either:mad:

I'm going to do a brisket, some ABT's, and mama's excited about trying a smoked meatloaf. Thanks to whomever it was that posted that picture!

Definitely a few racks of ribs, about 15 brats, and a meatloaf.

I'm also going to try my first chicken breasts in the smoker. I can't wait to see how that turns out.

Then I'll be running the vacuum sealer.

2 butts, a briskett and some ribs. Gotta stock up because my weekends are about to be busy.

I see a lot of interest in meatloaf since Bruno posted that provocative picture. I think I'll start a thread where meatloaf cookers can post pix of their efforts!

1 butt, 3 racks baby backs, ABT's for for Sunday's small gathering of good ol long time friends; warm up for the company picnic next weekend.
Will make a little extra in case the fire department stops by but the local Lake Ronkonkoma Chief around the corner has already figured it out.

1 Brisket, a couple slabs of ribs, a yard bird, abts, fatty (or 3) and some bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp. I may have to make a meatloaf since everyone has talked about the great results.

Having some of my employees over along with a few neighbors.

cooking a good ole rudy's style brisket...great stuff

giddy up texas

Back