Komodo Kamado...Anyone Have One?

I smoked salmon this weekend and had no problem keeping it low. The max temp was 180. I wished I had put cheese out there while it was coming up to temp. I will definitely do that next time. This was one of the best things I have ever bought! Expensive, but you get what you pay for. The warranty and customer service are top notch as well!:thumb:

My son has my BGE XL now; it is a fine cooker.

I do not feel there is a direct linear correlation between the KK's extra cost and any perceived product improvement (the food may not be "X" times better). All I know is, the KK is real joy to use and I couldn't be happier with my experience (food, performance, or otherwise).

Regarding build quality, retained heat, performance, etc., I feel the KK earns its keep--even if the cost cannot be completely rationalized based on some empirically derived BBQ assessment.

In my opinion, I do not feel 1st prize competition BBQ is the best tasting always. But, the food coming out of the KK is my best effort to date (which could be a mix of cumulative experience and the KK being a good fit for me).

Here's another review link.

Been shopping for BGE XL's and Stone facade tables.

I just realized, for the cost of the above, I could purchase a Komodo Kamado at about $3,600.

Oh man, decisions decisions. Whatever I decide better be the last major piece of bbq equipment I buy.

Been shopping for BGE XL's and Stone facade tables.

I just realized, for the cost of the above, I could purchase a Komodo Kamado at about $3,600.

Oh man, decisions decisions. Whatever I decide better be the last major piece of bbq equipment I buy.
If I were faced with that decision, I know what I'd pick...KOMODO KAMADO!
The beauty that wraps it enhances it's performance as well. You can't say that about the stone facade of the table. There really is no choice there.

Back