THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
4 hour class on basic knife skills. While this is not a BBQ or BBQ competition class some BBQ specific techniques will be included.The class will include demonstration and hands on instruction in:

• Knife types and selection
  • Knife and cutting board use
  • Care and maintenance
  • Basic and advanced grips
  • Fundamental cuts for vegetables
    • mince
    • dice
    • brunoise
    • bâtonnet
    • julienne
  • Chicken butchery
  • large protein breaking techniques
  • Beef brisket fininshing
Class will run 4 hours and includes lunch.
Students are encouraged to bring their own knives but demo knives will be available.

2 classes are currently scheduled
Northern VA on 7/19
Northern MD on 9/20

Cost is $100 per student

Having decent knife skills saves so much time when prepping food, as well as adds quite a bit of safety to knife handling. If anybody hasn't learned or taken a class in basic knife skills, definitely should.

I lucked out and worked in a restaurant for a bunch of years and learned proper knife skills and from the chef.

Having decent knife skills saves so much time when prepping food, as well as adds quite a bit of safety to knife handling. If anybody hasn't learned or taken a class in basic knife skills, definitely should.

I lucked out and worked in a restaurant for a bunch of years and learned proper knife skills and from the chef.

^^^^THIS^^^^
I have decent knife skills, but the wife is way better and can get food prepped in no time compared to me. Would be perfect if I was closer….

A couple of FAQ's

• Yes you can bring your own knives - I'll have the Edgepro Set up and you can sharpen a couple after class.
  • I will have the basic knives to use in the class if you don't have knives / want to try something different

Damn, an hour or 2 further north and I'd be there. I was just telling my wife the other day that I want to take a knife skills course. Any chance this will happen closer to Philly?

Damn, an hour or 2 further north and I'd be there. I was just telling my wife the other day that I want to take a knife skills course. Any chance this will happen closer to Philly?
I'm doing one in Havre De Grace MD on 9/20 it's only 90 minutes from Philly.

Back