Knife Skills 101

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
4 hour class on basic knife skills. While this is not a BBQ or BBQ competition class some BBQ specific techniques will be included.The class will include demonstration and hands on instruction in:

• Knife types and selection
  • Knife and cutting board use
  • Care and maintenance
  • Basic and advanced grips
  • Fundamental cuts for vegetables
    • mince
    • dice
    • brunoise
    • bâtonnet
    • julienne
  • Chicken butchery
  • large protein breaking techniques
  • Beef brisket fininshing
Class will run 4 hours and includes lunch.
Students are encouraged to bring their own knives but demo knives will be available.

2 classes are currently scheduled
Northern VA on 7/19
Northern MD on 9/20

Cost is $100 per student

Having decent knife skills saves so much time when prepping food, as well as adds quite a bit of safety to knife handling. If anybody hasn't learned or taken a class in basic knife skills, definitely should.

I lucked out and worked in a restaurant for a bunch of years and learned proper knife skills and from the chef.

Having decent knife skills saves so much time when prepping food, as well as adds quite a bit of safety to knife handling. If anybody hasn't learned or taken a class in basic knife skills, definitely should.

I lucked out and worked in a restaurant for a bunch of years and learned proper knife skills and from the chef.

^^^^THIS^^^^
I have decent knife skills, but the wife is way better and can get food prepped in no time compared to me. Would be perfect if I was closer….

A couple of FAQ's

• Yes you can bring your own knives - I'll have the Edgepro Set up and you can sharpen a couple after class.
  • I will have the basic knives to use in the class if you don't have knives / want to try something different

Damn, an hour or 2 further north and I'd be there. I was just telling my wife the other day that I want to take a knife skills course. Any chance this will happen closer to Philly?

Damn, an hour or 2 further north and I'd be there. I was just telling my wife the other day that I want to take a knife skills course. Any chance this will happen closer to Philly?
I'm doing one in Havre De Grace MD on 9/20 it's only 90 minutes from Philly.

Back