Kingsford On Big Sale!

Dakaty said:
JohnMcD

Why don't you like the RO Lump? I've been using it almost exclusively for several months now and really like it. Its great for long cooks due to the low ash production. When I was using K, I had to constantly clean out ashes during the latter stages of a brisket marathon.

I haven't tried it yet in my WSM. I use it alot mixed with Briquette in my BSKD. I've only done one smoke with the WSM so I need it as simple as possible for the learning curve. I've only just now gotten to where I'm real comfortable with my BSKD after I got it all modded out and the SpiceWine Coal Basket.

How well does Lump do in the WSM for extended burns? Is it very hard to control temp spikes and such.

bbqjoe said:
I remember many years ago(Back when they said if there was more than 3 people in line......)
That they vowed to by only products made in the USA!

That was the good ole days when Sam Walton was still alive. I remember reading in a BBQ mag once that if WalMart was a country, they would now be the 5th largest Economic power behind the US, Japan, China and Germany. They used to also have a fantastic return policy and garuanteed everything they sold. Now you pretty much have to threaten them with bodily injury to get them to take anything back.( I know, I've been there)

Back