THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry guys, I've been reading this thread and a bit shocked by all the loyal kingsford fans out there. I never really was that into it as a brand. I think the competition briquets were OK, but the blue bag stuff is pretty bad (just my opinion). I've tried a few with varying results, and been a bit amazed at the brands that I had great results with.

Just wondering; when it comes to briquets, which do you guys rank the highest? Best I've found have always been the 100% natural ones, and I've been actually using two brands that I thought would have been the worst... stubb's, and nature's grilling hardwood briquets... best burn/flavor for straight-up briquets.

Thanks, and look forward to the other brands you guys like and see if there are any new ones I need to try.

I dont prefer Kingsford, but I loved getting charcoal at $1.50 / bag.

My fav is Royal Oak. Can someone please convince them to offer a $6 coupon? :wink:

Another thing: I'll bet whoever validates that coupon is hating us! :lol:

I dont prefer Kingsford, but I loved getting charcoal at $1.50 / bag.

My fav is Royal Oak. Can someone please convince them to offer a $6 coupon? :wink:

Another thing: I'll bet whoever validates that coupon is hating us! :lol:

Agreed, the drum likes Royal Oak more than anything but for cheap, I can mix itKF in with it once in awhile and burn some on my grill...

Q: if it still works (self scan), did anyone try getting multiples at one time? I'd always just gotten one bag and one package of Ball Park franks...

I always got 3-6 bags everytime and I never got anything but the Kingsford. But I always used the self scan. I would go to Wally World and get 3-6 bag and that would be the only thing that I would get, self scan rocks.:wink:

Back