THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I started a new thread for this but stumbled onto a used pronto and snagged it.
db62cf2f9a30720278db13d7db65589a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I've got a Kettle Pizza and absolutely love it. I cheaped out and got the basic model but wish I got the deluxe version. I bought the Kettle Pizza stone and that made a big difference.

I’ve got one. I’d agree, bad pizza is operator error, not faulty equipment. It does take some practice, but I also don’t think you need that flat steel to reflect the heat back down from the lid. Man that is expensive.

You can turn out good BBQ on a $200 offset too.

If you’re not opposed to doing it inside a $40 3/8” steel plate in your oven at 550 does a hell of a job without the added hassles. My oven does such a great job I haven’t bought a dedicated outdoor unit yet. My new oven has an air fry mode which does an even better job. Better than any restaurant in my area.

I watched a video on Bakingsteel.com where they heat the steel up and then switch the oven to broil a few minutes before they put the pizza on.

If you’re not opposed to doing it inside a $40 3/8” steel plate in your oven at 550 does a hell of a job without the added hassles. My oven does such a great job I haven’t bought a dedicated outdoor unit yet. My new oven has an air fry mode which does an even better job. Better than any restaurant in my area.

I watched a video on Bakingsteel.com where they heat the steel up and then switch the oven to broil a few minutes before they put the pizza on.

Depending on your oven it’s an option. Every oven is a little different. On my current oven the convection browns so well on top I can skip that.

Back