Keeping up with Ross

Flap steak is skirt steak and most carry lots of marinades and seasonings. PIcked up some marinated beef fajitas for this weekend :p

Flap steak is quite different from skirt (at least here on the east coast). Flap looks like thick skirt, but is MUCH more tender. From what I know it is part of the sirloin that is not mass marketed, because there is not much of it on the animal. I use flap steak a lot for kabobs (more than any other meat). It is very tender and takes a marinade very well. Five years ago I could get it very cheaply, but now it is more expensive than sirloin.

Skirt steaks out here are very thick, narrow and long cuts unless you are getting them cut that thin? They look like hanger steaks IMO but diff texture.

Just an update. I went to a local supermercado by my work on lunch. It is flank steak but the stores out here just call it Aranchero. The butcher actually sliced it into thin slices and then put the strips into a tenderizer machine for me. BONUS! It was 3.99lb and I picked up 2lbs of it.

They did have the Mojo sauce and it wasnt too expensive at all. Picked up some Carne Asada seasoning as well. Thanks I now have dinner for me and the wife tomorrow.

Just an update. I went to a local supermercado by my work on lunch. It is flank steak but the stores out here just call it Aranchero. The butcher actually sliced it into thin slices and then put the strips into a tenderizer machine for me. BONUS! It was 3.99lb and I picked up 2lbs of it.

Wife came back from the mexican grocer today with 3# at $2.99lb!!

They almost insisted on running it through the tenderizer, so she said "sure".

Other that ChicagoSizzlin, I have not seen anywhere that others have had the butcher do this. I have been researching Carne Asada all morning! Should I shorten the marinade time?

Was planning on grabbing the gallon of stuff Norco had in the first picture.

Wife came back from the mexican grocer today with 3# at $2.99lb!!

They almost insisted on running it through the tenderizer, so she said "sure".

Other that ChicagoSizzlin, I have not seen anywhere that others have had the butcher do this. I have been researching Carne Asada all morning! Should I shorten the marinade time?

Was planning on grabbing the gallon of stuff Norco had in the first picture.

Def grab the Mojo Criollo and carne asade rub. I marinated mine all day and came out awesome! The bottle so far has lasted me threw 4lbs of meat and I have enough for another 2lb.

Back