Keeping up with Ross

Maybe we can get Ross to do the Eggfest.
eggfest.jpg

hooooboyyyyyy!!!! That looks good! Nice job Pat!
Whats this Mojo sauce? Is that the same as the Cuban marinade? Can't be, you ate that in a tortilla right?

roy

hooooboyyyyyy!!!! That looks good! Nice job Pat!
Whats this Mojo sauce? Is that the same as the Cuban marinade? Can't be, you ate that in a tortilla right?

roy

Yep same as Cuban. Sour citrus, garlic and onions. Corn tortillas.

Outstanding!:thumb::thumb: Between you and Ross, I have now officially been bitten by the carne asada bug. A trip to the local carneceria and panaderia soon.

Found small latin grocers carry Mojo.
this would be close for a homemade:
4 Cups Orange Juice -plain bitter orange juice if you can
1/2 Cup Lime Juice
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp Salt
1 head of Garlic
8 large sprigs fresh Oregano
1 small bunch Cilantro
2 medium onions

Dump juices into a container with tight fitting top
Chop onions & add to juice
Finely mince Oregano & Cilantro add to juice

Peel Garlic Cloves & run through a Garlic Press - add salt to garlic & "grind" it together, to make a paste - let this stand for 1 hour & dump into juice.

Shake it up & Let it sit overnight before using.

Dang Pat, it looks fantastic! Wish I had one right now. :grin:

H2o... thanks for the recipe!

Ahem...aren't you forgetting me? :becky:

Gheesh Moose, yours was like two weeks ago. We can't be expected to remember anything from that far back! :icon_blush: Yes, I remember it and definitely I'd have you in. :grin:

Gheesh Moose, yours was like two weeks ago. We can't be expected to remember anything from that far back! :icon_blush: Yes, I remember it and definitely I'd have you in. :grin:

:laugh:

Well we live in Northern Mexico so a quick trip to the local Caniceria always yeilds great flap meat, marinated and not, also great marinated chicken and as a added bonus freshly made tortillas. Their still hot when I get them in the morning.

Did a search and apparently there is a Carniceria attached to an Hispanic market not too far from here in Willimantic Ct. Have no idea what to expect but going to check it out tomorrow.

Maybe some Carne Asada this weekend if I'm lucky.

Did a search and apparently there is a Carniceria attached to an Hispanic market not too far from here in Willimantic Ct. Have no idea what to expect but going to check it out tomorrow.

Maybe some Carne Asada this weekend if I'm lucky.

Check out their seasoning isle, lots of stuff you don't normally see.

Well we live in Northern Mexico so a quick trip to the local Caniceria always yeilds great flap meat, marinated and not, also great marinated chicken and as a added bonus freshly made tortillas. Their still hot when I get them in the morning.

Looks very good! I knew it had to happen, California was annexed by Mexico, Arizona will be next. :wink:

Flap Steak? Never heard the term out here? Perhaps the Supermercado by my house might call it something else? Im not up on my spanish terms of meat yet but my Italian is just fine.This looks outstanding and will have to make some this weekend. Will see if they carry Mojo as well and grab me some tortilla's.

Flap steak is skirt steak and most carry lots of marinades and seasonings. PIcked up some marinated beef fajitas for this weekend :p

Back