KCBS Board

Personal knowledge, I spoke to Merl today.

Just to be clear, I disagree with Merl regarding many issues, but this rep and instructor deal is chicken chit.

Now Jeff, I'm sure you got a completely unbiased take on the situation from Merl.

Yes this could be more pointless board drama, or on the other hand maybe there is a really good reason. Kind of hard to reach any conclusion without all the facts.

Can someone point me to a source that will tell me about the issue that everyone is talking about here?

I'm, new to all of this. I hear people speak about bickering between board members, but every time I hear a reference made to it, it seems to be made with the assumption that everyone knows what is going on already. I would just like to know some details, and maybe some history as to what has led to the current hostile situation that is apparently the case up there in Kansas City.

Thanks from a new guy down in Bayou country.

Here are the minutes on the KCBS site.

http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=335

QDat it's a long running soap opera with lot's of players
While rating are strong even up in many areas
some of the characters have grown old and some story lines are stale
It is a acquired taste If you are smart you won't take that first puff

QDat it's a long running soap opera with lot's of players
While rating are strong even up in many areas
some of the characters have grown old and some story lines are stale
It is a acquired taste If you are smart you won't take that first puff

Sounds like there needs to be some house cleaning done.

The problem is both "sides" are good folks
who love BBQ, it has just gotten way off course

I am told there will be no new developments
for a few days Just needs some time.

Now Jeff, I'm sure you got a completely unbiased take on the situation from Merl.

Yes this could be more pointless board drama, or on the other hand maybe there is a really good reason. Kind of hard to reach any conclusion without all the facts.

I in no way think Merl is an innocent. He likes to stir chit for sure. He's made mistakes in my eyes, and I have told him so.

I think Merl's days as an effective board member are long gone. I think that his side of the story is just that, his side. I look forward to the day the board moves forward for the benefit of all of us.

I still think the rep and cbj deal is chicken chit.

Last edited:
Another example of why you should have been elected. Please run again!!!!

Why do you dislike Thom?:p I wouldn't wish a three year term on anyone at this point.

I've heard both sides of this particular issue, and it's just more of the same. It takes two sides for a feud to live on. When the BoD can actually function without drama and focus solely on what will benefit KCBS and the membership I might start to care again.

Q Dat- That is to me the problem with KCBS. No one knows the whole story.

Too much happens behind closed doors. Then what leaks out is slanted toward one side or the other - depending on the perspective of who is doing the leaking.

I do not like this bickering. Is it too much to ask to get things settled and move on?

What happened to everyone being civil with each other?
Thom, you would have helped with that.

Why do you dislike Thom?:p I wouldn't wish a three year term on anyone at this point.

I've heard both sides of this particular issue, and it's just more of the same. It takes two sides for a feud to live on. When the BoD can actually function without drama and focus solely on what will benefit KCBS and the membership I might start to care again.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:El Jefe 2012
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

:thumb:

When the BoD can actually function without drama and focus solely on what will benefit KCBS and the membership I might start to care again.

What's scarier in the agenda, and is getting no coverage, is the fact they're disbanding the strategic goals b/c no one is tracking accomplishments / pushing the goals for the organization. This is unacceptable and points to the fact the organization needs a dedicated leader / leadership and should lose its not-for-profit status to drive the business.

Back