THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oh no, I havent been there in a long time,,,,,

I actually just use kc masterpiece and add honey in it, and some heat. try it someday, I heard alot of comp teams that do that

Bryant's is good if you like it with a bit of a vinegary tang.
I have been boycotting Gate's and Sons since the store on the Kansas side was fined for spitting in a guy's sandwich years ago.

I prefer Curly's from Hutchinson, Ks.
Great stuff! Plus, they make a hot one that is just right for my spicy taste buds.:biggrin:

Hi may I help you! Beef on bun to go please!

As many times as I've been to Gate's, that still bothers me. They should have a safety zone where you can stand and look at the menu before being assaulted by the counter girl. I usually just end up ordering the first thing that I see.

Maybe I should take a picture of the menu next time I'm there and look at it in the parking lot every time before I go in.

Do your bad self a favor and mix up a batch of Two Fat Larry's BBQ Sauce. You can the recipe in Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ Cookbook. It's one of the best KC style sauces I have ever tasted and it is very easy to make.

Do your bad self a favor and mix up a batch of Two Fat Larry's BBQ Sauce. You can the recipe in Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ Cookbook. It's one of the best KC style sauces I have ever tasted and it is very easy to make.

Will do. I just checked it out on Amazon. It looks pretty cool, so I ordered one. I should get it in about a week (under $10 including shipping.)

My neighbor, from KC loves it and brought me back a gift pack once, I wasn't too impressed with it. But then again I'm a TX boy.

must resist woodpile comment.

Ive tried gates before a friend brought me a bottle when he came back from a baseball game there. It was allright i suppose. I still prefer Spicewine's sweet heat and blue collar sauce or some blues hog if i dont make my own.

The best sweet KC style sauce I have had thus far
is Spicewines Blue Collar, hands down.

Got a gallon jug of it in the fridge in the garage!:biggrin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71-South
Sounds good. I really need to go somewhere where I can sample lots of BBQ sauces without spending $200 just to sample a bunch of them. Does such a place exist?

Yeah my pantry cmon over

I wonder how much that drive would cost me at $3.59/gallon. Of course, by the time I got there, it would probably be up to about $4.59/gallon.

Back