Kansas City BBQ Sauce

oh no, I havent been there in a long time,,,,,

I actually just use kc masterpiece and add honey in it, and some heat. try it someday, I heard alot of comp teams that do that

Bryant's is good if you like it with a bit of a vinegary tang.
I have been boycotting Gate's and Sons since the store on the Kansas side was fined for spitting in a guy's sandwich years ago.

I prefer Curly's from Hutchinson, Ks.
Great stuff! Plus, they make a hot one that is just right for my spicy taste buds.:biggrin:

Hi may I help you! Beef on bun to go please!

As many times as I've been to Gate's, that still bothers me. They should have a safety zone where you can stand and look at the menu before being assaulted by the counter girl. I usually just end up ordering the first thing that I see.

Maybe I should take a picture of the menu next time I'm there and look at it in the parking lot every time before I go in.

Do your bad self a favor and mix up a batch of Two Fat Larry's BBQ Sauce. You can the recipe in Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ Cookbook. It's one of the best KC style sauces I have ever tasted and it is very easy to make.

Do your bad self a favor and mix up a batch of Two Fat Larry's BBQ Sauce. You can the recipe in Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ Cookbook. It's one of the best KC style sauces I have ever tasted and it is very easy to make.

Will do. I just checked it out on Amazon. It looks pretty cool, so I ordered one. I should get it in about a week (under $10 including shipping.)

My neighbor, from KC loves it and brought me back a gift pack once, I wasn't too impressed with it. But then again I'm a TX boy.

must resist woodpile comment.

Ive tried gates before a friend brought me a bottle when he came back from a baseball game there. It was allright i suppose. I still prefer Spicewine's sweet heat and blue collar sauce or some blues hog if i dont make my own.

The best sweet KC style sauce I have had thus far
is Spicewines Blue Collar, hands down.

Got a gallon jug of it in the fridge in the garage!:biggrin:

I prefer Curly's from Hutchinson, Ks.
Great stuff! Plus, they make a hot one that is just right for my spicy taste buds.:biggrin:

Agreed. It was a staple of my sauce trade. Ever had any of Big Rick's stuff? I love his Chipolte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71-South
Sounds good. I really need to go somewhere where I can sample lots of BBQ sauces without spending $200 just to sample a bunch of them. Does such a place exist?

Yeah my pantry cmon over

I wonder how much that drive would cost me at $3.59/gallon. Of course, by the time I got there, it would probably be up to about $4.59/gallon.

Back