THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dano

is one Smokin' Farker
Has anyone ever tried to just use wood in a Gravity fed smoker?
Thinking of just doing a little lump to get it going and then just filling the chute with chunks.

only one in know designed for that is the stumps monster.

I really do not think they have the airflow for straight wood, i believe you would oversmoke, but try it let us know, its interesting....

only one in know designed for that is the stumps monster.

I really do not think they have the airflow for straight wood, i believe you would oversmoke, but try it let us know, its interesting....

Thanks. The thing i have noticed is when i use lump and chucks in the chute it usually burns pretty clean, even when the fire hits just the chunks spot in the chute. Worth a try I guess.

I tried this a couple weeks ago, what a disaster!! I was up to temp and had 12 pounds of beef sticks on for an hour when I thought "I wonder what straight wood would do?" Billowing white smoke, yuck. I had to clear the ash and the chute and refire the pit to finish my sticks.

Back