Gravity fed

sackedbysapp

Full Fledged Farker
Using jealous devil charcoal briquettes a barbecue guru ultra Q blower does it normally take almost 2 hours to get to 250° on a gravity fed?

Using jealous devil charcoal briquettes a barbecue guru ultra Q blower does it normally take almost 2 hours to get to 250° on a gravity fed?

No it shouldn't.

As mentioned, have you checked to see if your charcoal has bridged?

One other troubleshooting suggestion: Here's a boner I pulled one time with my gravity fed. I run mine with a BBQ Guru as well. The darn thing just wouldn't get up to temp - it'd been close to 2 hours, and the temps were actually beginning to fall. I went and looked for problems...and found that I'd left the little damper door on the guru fan completely closed! Just forgot to open it when I inserted the fan...so my coals weren't getting any air at all.

Red

Yeah im using jealous Devil max briquettes and there bridging. I stick rod in and try move them and than the temp goes up, but have to do that 3 times to get to temp. would adding chunks down the shute help? I like this charcoal but wonder of there large size is the issue?

I think adding chunks in the chute would make things worse. They must be some fairly large briquettes. I use Kingsford in my Assassin and have never had a bridging problem.

Back