Just picking the Brethren brains on offset's

lastmajordude

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dude
What Jambo style offsets (heat flow over cooking grate) is best bang for the buck these days? Also what vertical offsets are the fav these days. Had to sell my Jambo but might be looking for a replacement. Any thoughts from you wise dudes and dudette?

What Jambo style offsets (heat flow over cooking grate) is best bang for the buck these days? Also what vertical offsets are the fav these days. Had to sell my Jambo but might be looking for a replacement. Any thoughts from you wise dudes and dudette?

What size? What budget?

Outlaw is good but pricey. You can always add a frank cox baffle to any pit and get air up across grate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen anybody cook brains on their offset but maybe there is a recipe I missed? :wacko: :loco:

I am not sure about comparable because I have never seen a Jambo in person but IMnotalwaysHO the Yoder Cimmaron or Frontiersman are pretty comparable to them.

Off topic but we got some brains in my University that have been preserved in formaldehyde for 30 years. They are stored in a chemical gas extractor cabinet thingy. Issue is that we don't know who's brains they are and as such we can't dispose of them back to the grave or give them to descendant's.

They are a bit solid by now so these brains won't fall through the grate.

If you want them...

Bill

In my new residence space is limited so what non insulated vertical offset is well thought of?? I know it’s different than an offset horizontal but stick burners have a draw to me. I know LSG makes a good looking unit, any other folks have a offset vertical they are in love with??

I can't be of help to you, Keith but I hope you have great luck finding the right smoker for you!!
I've not purchased offsets, only used home mades.
If I did.... I'd lean towards one of Paul Shirley's builds. :-D

Best of luck to ya! :grin:

I just saw your second part about the vertical cooker. I haven't seen them but I would buy a Johnson Custom Vertical smoker. They are wood fired and come in 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 wide sizes.

Back