Just joined yesterday...Here's why

DustyQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Dusty
I've been lurking here for a while getting lots of great info and the answers to all of my questions were easily found with a quick search of the forum. I never joined because I didn't have anything to ask or anything meaningful to add to anyone else's response to another question.

I know this is probably frowned upon as a new forum member...but I couldn't keep this to myself this close to Christmas.

My wife wanted to get me a new marinade injector for Christmas. So I told her I'd find the one I wanted at the best price. I started searching for the popular tube fed, auto filling, siphon gun type injector that I'd been wanting. I never got one because they're a bit pricey if you're not using it frequently.

Well, this time of year the BBQ stores are mostly sold out of the popular one on the market, and anything that is available is so at a significant markup.

With a little research I came to find that these types of auto injectors are derived from the agricultural industry and used to vaccinate large numbers of livestock in rapid succession, hence the tube feed and adjustable injection dose volume.

A little more snooping and I found that I could get one of these from a ag-supply website at a huge discount compared to the ones marketed as BBQ injectors.

The one I ordered was $10...yes TEN BUCKS!!! (plus 7.95 shipping) link below.

http://www.leedstone.com/premium-injector.html

I ordered from their website on a Monday afternoon and received it the following Wednesday (yeah 2 days). I was impressed.

I should have ordered a couple but I wasn't sure about the quality. Turns out its pretty darn nice, excellent quality and works great with any regular marinating needle. (not included) With shipping and the needle it was less than half the price of what I was finding in any BBQ store.

I am in no way affiliated with this company/website nor am I or benefitting from this posting in any way. I just wanted so share this to anyone who needs a nice inexpensive gift for themselves or someone else for Christmas.

Happy Holidays,
Dusty

i paid $30 bucks for a similar one.. gonna grab one of those to compare. Thanks

i paid $30 bucks for a similar one.. gonna grab one of those to compare. Thanks

Great! Let me know how this one stacks up against another. I think it works great but I have no frame of reference for comparison.

Thanks for the link, ordered. I just received one that I ordered off amazon for ~$60 and it works well so I’m interested to compare :thumb:

I never joined because I didn't have anything to ask or anything meaningful to add to anyone else's response to another question

That hasn’t stopped me :becky:

Ya did good Dusty. Looks like you found me a cheap Christmas present for myself :thumb:

Dusty,

Welcome!

No noobie hazing goes on here, but you certainly earned your wings right off the bat with your post. :thumb:

Looks like a great deal, and welcome. I guess my only question would be if it is food safe.

This was a concern of mine as well. But, while searching for this one, two things became readily apparent:

#1 The commercially available "BBQ" injector is sold for use on livestock in Australia and the UK. I assume it was developed for veterinary applications and repurposed as a BBQ injector because I can't imagine a scenario that would require adjusting a "dose" of BBQ injection in 0.5cc increments.

#2 The one I linked and purchased is used to inject butts & briskets while they're still on the hoof...so I assume whatever its made of is non-toxic...but its probably made in china so who knows.

The packaging doesn't say "food grade" or anything, but it does recommend lubricating the plunger with "food grade vegetable oil".

So far my only regret with this purchase is that I should have ordered more than one. I'm really impressed with how sturdy it is and I can't believe they can sell this thing for ten bucks.

Back