THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Hatch Green Chile and the tumbling roasters arrived in town today. I wasn't going to, but I've not missed opening day in a long time. Several locations were already sold out and cleaning up. One last stop and they had two bags of mild roasted remaining. A lady cut in line said she wanted both, I'd already paid so she got one and I got one. One bag was all I wanted. 2020 Hatch Green Chile season is officiallyopen. Pueblo Chile I heard begins roasting soon if not today.

BTW- Hatch region has a new pepper called Charger Chile. May be fun to hunt for

Time to start looking! I think we may get 'em a little later here - I would be Hatch ignorant if not for you - love that stuff! Thanks for the heads up!

Separated the 2.7# bag by size and then packaged 5/7 per baggie. Buying chile like this is a lot like buying charcoal. You get some really nice pieces and some scuds. They’re all edible, taste the same but them itty bitty chile go to chopped, stews chile dips etc. There were some nice meaty ones and a few skinny. Overall I’m pleased.

Last edited:
It's been several years not that I first tried them. They were simply sliced and fired with a little S&P. Has anyone tried making ABT with them?

I’ve never done actual ABTs, however I have made ABT Dip using green chile & poblanos instead of jalapeño. Really good. I say it in jest but mostly serious, roasted green chile tastes great in everything except cold cereal

Back