Judging & Drinking

In the 3 short years I have been competing I have yet to see or hear about any of the PNWBA judges drinking prior to judging...the head judges up here run a pretty tight ship in that respect.

There have been other "issues" of late that I plan to bring up at an upcoming class to see if it is an acceptable behavior or not.

In the 3 short years I have been competing I have yet to see or hear about any of the PNWBA judges drinking prior to judging...the head judges up here run a pretty tight ship in that respect.

There have been other "issues" of late that I plan to bring up at an upcoming class to see if it is an acceptable behavior or not.

That should be interesting.

I was the one that turned them in. They know I was the one because I told them I did it. Then they got crappy, took down my team name so they could write a story about me. One of them referred to me as "this" while pointing at me and telling the organizer that "this" didn't want him judging. He disrespected me by referring to me in a vengeful manner. To show no ill will, I will be respectful and use his given name, Mike Garrison, he's one of the Flying BBQ Judges.

Can't wait to see his story. How's he gonna call me a bitch for turning him in and not incriminate themselves for breaking the rules????

"This"? I would say "that" was a drunken arsehole. Not that I know him. Can't wait to read about you in the Bullsheet, though. :)

"This"? I would say "that" was a drunken arsehole. Not that I know him. Can't wait to read about you in the Bullsheet, though. :)

I don't "know" him, I know of him and what I saw, can't say I particularly care to make his acquaintance ever again. I saw them drink one beer. I'm not going to insinuate, assume or embellish. One beer. Drunk? Nah? Instant ashhole....yeah.

I was the one that turned them in. They know I was the one because I told them I did it. Then they got crappy, took down my team name so they could write a story about me. One of them referred to me as "this" while pointing at me and telling the organizer that "this" didn't want him judging. He disrespected me by referring to me in a vengeful manner. To show no ill will, I will be respectful and use his given name, Mike Garrison, he's one of the Flying BBQ Judges.

Can't wait to see his story. How's he gonna call me a bitch for turning him in and not incriminate themselves for breaking the rules????

what is a flying bbq judge?

Diva,

You did the right thing by turning them in!! I wasn't there but by your account, they went even further than breaking the no alcohol rule but then went on to break more rules of the code of conduct for a CBJ by speaking to you in that manner. If there were witnesses to that kind of behavior it should be addressed by the KCBS BoD and IMHO, they should be banned from judging in KCBS. Should KCBS allow them to publish one negative word about you or your team in the Bullsheet then they need to be held accountable.

Diva,

You did the right thing by turning them in!! I wasn't there but by your account, they went even further than breaking the no alcohol rule but then went on to break more rules of the code of conduct for a CBJ by speaking to you in that manner. If there were witnesses to that kind of behavior it should be addressed by the KCBS BoD and IMHO, they should be banned from judging in KCBS. Should KCBS allow them to publish one negative word about you or your team in the Bullsheet then they need to be held accountable.

The organizer was standing there as well as my sister and my son, Brent, who, by the way, was NOT a happy camper. He was cooking so he got the "don't worry about it son, he's not worth getting dq'd over" look. :heh:

I don't "know" him, I know of him and what I saw, can't say I particularly care to make his acquaintance ever again. I saw them drink one beer. I'm not going to insinuate, assume or embellish. One beer. Drunk? Nah? Instant ashhole....yeah.

You're right, I should have said he 'acted' like a drunken arsehole, but some people are just like that. He IS a famous Bullsheet person. AND a pilot. Probably a retired Air Force flier with his nose still in the air. LOL

That should be interesting.
Let's hope not Jesse...as I am not a CBJ...yet...what I have seen and heard may very well be a non-issue. I will bring it to Stacia's attention and follow her lead.

Diva...ya done good sister smoker!

Most states have a legal alcohol level around .09 or .08 while mine is something like .025 or .02 because I have a commercial drivers' license. I just wonder what the legal level is for flying a farkin' airplane.

It does explain some of the scores we all have seen at each contest though, doesn't it? Not sure you need to fly in your drunken judges though...surely those can be found locally!

I just wonder what the legal level is for flying a farkin' airplane.

There are several restrictions with regards to alcohol and flying airplanes. No person may operate or attempt to operate an aircraft:

• within 8 hours of consuming alcohol (8 hours bottle to throttle)
  • while under the influence of alcohol
  • with a BAC of .04% or greater

Diva as a cook thank you for pointing this out to the rep! Its crap like this that "hopefully" will make CBJ's think twice about bending the rules.

Wtg

Way to go! The arse shouldn't be allowed to write anything in the Bull Sheet if you ask me!

Back