THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks to everyone who has worked to put this together and get the word out. Can't be there, but am sending a donation to Kookers Kare via PayPal. Be careful if you're traveling to Joplin and stay safe.

I have been here since Monday morning as a first responder, I've seen UPS and mail trucks making deliveries. Thanks for coming down and cooking, a hot meal really helps morale. Stay safe everyone.

Wanted to give everyone an update... Things are running fairly smoothly down here in Joplin.The cookers have been awesome. We have 50,000 lbs of chicken to cook and are feeding about ~1,000 people a day. Thanks to everyone who has called and either donated products, their time, or hard earned money. Whoever comes to help will truly see it is all worth every penny. The devastation down here is simply disturbing. Even the hardest SOB's down here have fought back tears.

I could share so many stories from today but, I will end with this one. An elderly lady came up to our site today and said she lost everything, her house, all her possessions, and she only had $8 on her and her ID. She said she was hungry and lost everything but would pay money out of her $8 to get a meal. I know several people who were fighting back the tears. At least she ate well when she was in our care and we told her to come back every meal, everyday, and she would be fed for free.

I'll be heading down to Joplin Friday afternoon and am willing to take any supplies people wish to donate. I could meet you in Kansas City around noon Friday. If interested, please PM me with contact information.

Richie (barnburner) since you have "feet on the ground", could you provide a list of items that are needed?

Our Sertoma Club has been there since Monday trying to help and feed the volunteers or whomever needs food. The people in Joplin are so tough and determined to overcome this and are amazing folk. They are our neighbors and proud that they are.

sounds like everyone is really coming together......cant wait to give you guys a hand.....we will be down there with our smoker, cases of coffee, cases of small bags of chips, and 200 lbs of pork butt......if anyone needs anything else just let me know, we are leaving sunday night around 8 pm from st louis so we should get there about midnight or so

I was down there for 3 days helping, I had to leave this morning, but I do know alot of people was asking for a coke, Pepsi, or "something sweet" ,,, chips are hard to keep up with demand too,,

I had to come back and let Stan, Lee and Will (Sticks n Chicks) run the show cuz we have a catering job we committed to. Four days in Joplin and I'm beat. By the time I left this afternoon, we had served approximately 18,000 meals in 72 hours, a credit to the dedicated cookers who responded to our call for help! Can't believe yet what Stan and I discussed early Monday morning turned into an operation complete with three semi trucks, a fork lift, pallets and pallets full of supplies and food, over 60,000 pounds of meat and countless volunteers and donors! You are all fantastic folks! Thank you for what you've done! I cannot begin to put into words the things we saw, the stories we heard and the first hand life experiences from survivors. No human being should ever have to witness what we and everyone else in Joplin saw. Coming home tonight felt like we came home from another planet. It's completely surreal. Imagine what you've seen on TV and multiply it by 20 or 30 and you're close to actuality.

Thank you to Jeff, Stan, Lee, Will and all the rest of the folks who undertook such a huge job.
I am sure every hungry victim is so thankful for all the hard work you all did for making sure folks had food to eat.
Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!
God Bless you all.

Back