John Mueller Out At JMueller BBQ

From the article's comments:

@louiemuellerbbq just tweeted, "Brother John is fired, stealing from family again it seems.If you've been conned by John Mueller, please contact Wayne"

This can't be true, huh?

Wow, talk about airing out family problems for all the world to see. Sister/owner must be really PO'd.

Wow, talk about airing out family problems for all the world to see. Sister/owner must be really PO'd.

She ain't real happy. rumor mill's buzzing right now about a potential new venture from Mueller. I'll report back once he returns my calls.

WOnder if this was the whole reason for brining in John Lewis to egin with. From the outside, this looks like it could have all been set up and pre planned to fill the soon to be gap after the rest of the family cut him loose.

we were just discussing over on BGE. I live in Austin and love john's food. Can't say I'm surprised with his past transgressions. Sad to see the family air it out on twitter though. dude has demons....let him go an move on.

http://austin.eater.com/archives/20...ueller-bbq-hes-decided-to-mismanage-again.php

"Everybody thought it'd be a nice comeback story."
That's what LeAnn Mueller, sister to JMueller BBQ pitmaster John Mueller tells Eater Austin this morning as she announced that her brother is officially "out" at the South Austin barbecue trailer. The South First Street trailer was supposed to be something of a renaissance for John Mueller, who's had a number of stops and starts in the smoked meat business, battling substance abuse and a reputation for being a volatile manager of people.

He's the grandson of Taylor, Texas barbecue legend Louie Mueller, and he worked at the family shop as a younger man, before failed attempts at his own pits on Manor Road in Austin and out in Bastrop. This year was supposed to be the year of John Mueller.
"He's decided to mismanage again." >>>

When his JMueller BBQ opened last fall, the response was enthusiastic and consistent: Mueller was back. Almost exactly a year later, LeAnn Mueller, who owns JMueller BBQ, says she can't take her brother managing the business any more.
"John's out. He's never owned it. He decided to mismanage again," Mueller tells Eater Austin. "I'm not taking the brunt of this." Mueller says she's got "a lot of bridges" she needs to "mend" with neighbors and turned-off customers. "There shouldn't be this much drama," she says.

Mueller says she has hired on former Franklin Barbecue pitmaster John Lewis, who has been visiting at JMueller BBQ as a kind of smoky internship, to take over permanently. The trailer will be closed today and tomorrow and "possibly Friday" while Mueller restructures.
"I want to put a product out that's good," says Mueller. "If people want to follow us, it's not going to be this ego sh**."

Hmm and wow! I guess I dont keep up enough with all that stuff, last I remember was when I read the Texas monthly article last year or early this year about him and Franklins. i dont recall reading anywhere in that article that his sister was the bankroll and owner. Still kinda sad that he could not get it together considering he could hav ebeen as big or bigger than ever success wise.

John Mueller was trying to sell his pit for like 29,000G$ on CL about 2 or 3 month ago, he advertised it as "well known" and in Texas monthly and such. I'm really not surprised he's out I'll leave it at that.

John Mueller was trying to sell his pit for like 29,000G$ on CL about 2 or 3 month ago, he advertised it as "well known" and in Texas monthly and such. I'm really not surprised he's out I'll leave it at that.

I called some folks I know who were part of financing that project, mentioned the CL ad. They said it was one of John's crazy friends playing a joke.

Love the conspiracy theorists out there and the vitriol thrown at John Lewis.

As I have always said there are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

But when your sister files charges on you, its not looking good. Innocent until proven otherwise, so lets hope it all works itself out.

Hard news coming out of Austin y'all. John Mueller's out at the food trailer that bears his name. John Lewis, ex-Franklin BBQ will be manning the pits

http://www.scrumptiouschef.com/food...xas-Barbecue-John-Mueller-Out-Of-JMueller-BBQ

trailer re-opens tomorrow. LeAnn Mueller, John's sister is the owner, John Lewis {Franklin BBQ/JMueller} is the pitboss. Breaking down the new business further http://www.scrumptiouschef.com/food...From-LeAnn-Mueller-With-John-Lewis-On-The-Pit

Well I ate at LA Barbecue(John's sisters) Sunday and it was great!! Brisket as good as ever. Pork ribs were great and the sausage better. Going this week to try the beef ribs. It didn't miss a beat. And I know and like John. He always treated me like a valued customer.

Back