Jirby

Aaron is one of the nicest guys I've met. Who's Jirby??? :noidea:
I never met him but he seems like a goofy nerd who can really cook. The kind of guy you just can't dislike. What I read about him paying his employees after the fire has me believing he's a good guy.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

So Jirby obviously has an issue with Aaron. Is it out of the question to think that Jirby may have been difficult to deal withas an employee?
Also...there are just some personalities that don't mix.
That may very well be the case with Aaron and Jirby.

Personally speaking Jirby is not someone I would gravitate towards where I could definitely see kicking it with Aaron.
Granted I have never met either in person.

I just watched a couple videos. He comes off as just "do it whatever way ya want". I didn't get any videos of him putting anyone on blast....wouldn't matter as I'm in construction and we blast each other every day. He's a good cook and he knows it and I can appreciate that, as I'm a good cook...and everyone knows it.

-D

I just watched a couple videos. He comes off as just "do it whatever way ya want". I didn't get any videos of him putting anyone on blast....wouldn't matter as I'm in construction and we blast each other every day. He's a good cook and he knows it and I can appreciate that, as I'm a good cook...and everyone knows it.

-D

I love when I have a new construction crew working in one of our buildings or my house. They're trying to be polite as they don't me and I'm the customer. Then I make a farked up joke about their super. They look shocked as hell and then the gloves come off. The next time I see them they immediately tell me tell me about the things they did to my mom the night before or how they're gonna beat my @ss.

But that's different if it isn't back and forth. Then you're just being a d*ck. I need to watch his videos... maybe I'm being a d*ck. :pound: [emoji1787]

I love when I have a new construction crew working in one of our buildings or my house. They're trying to be polite as they don't me and I'm the customer. Then I make a farked up joke about their super. They look shocked as hell and then the gloves come off. The next time I see them they immediately tell me tell me about the things they did to my mom the night before or how they're gonna beat my @ss.

But that's different if it isn't back and forth. Then you're just being a d*ck. I need to watch his videos... maybe I'm being a d*ck. :pound: [emoji1787]

I'll watch more of his video. So far I haven't learned anything I didn't know, but phaps there's something I could pick up and try.
I like his personality more than others, so maybe that's it, lol

Ya "joked" a foreman, pj? Lol, well... sometimes that's needed.

-D

I don't cook a whole lot of brisket anymore. Old folks I shared with on a neighbor basis have passed. But I do enjoy cooking a brisket every 5-6 months when I was cooking 2-3 per month.
Here's something I noticed. The brisket trim. Watch all these internet brisket gurus.they trim it to aerodynamic, lots of trimmings. They use all those trimmings for sausage, burger, tallow etc etc.
They don't necessarily skin the brisket to where it looks like a travel pillow with no fat, but like a sleek river rock that compliments the flow of the river. I look at that and I see instant $-20
Kind of like I don't need a lot of money just enough to order guacamole without thinking of the cost.
Someday when brisket is $1.77# again I'll smoke an aerodynamic YouTube professional trimmed brisket

So what are ya sayin' Woods, White hats need love too?

Kinda like goat ropers...

I worked in the trades as a youngster, clownin' is in me blood.

I watched a video that had some banging ribs...he wraps, I don't...so he's obviously got a handle on his way.

I don't wear a white hat, mother f****r. It's a stocking cap and under that is end all. Next time ya hit that church of 10'r and swing...best say that prayer as I saw ya slow roll off the corner with a sawzall and a two blades...

-D

Jirby’s brisket trimming video is one of the best bbq tutorials on YouTube. It’s detailed and straight to the point. I’d pay money for that lesson. A lot of people like his slicing video too.

The other videos I’ve watched are not organized, and experimental in a lot of cases, and wouldn’t recommend those. In one of his streams he mentioned most of his videos people don’t watch until the end per the YouTube analytics, except for the two I mentioned above. He doesn’t seem to care.

I’m a Jirby fan based on his openness to cooking methods and charity he generates - all profits from his online merchandise store go to charity.

His dislike of Aaron Franklin is well deserved, actually very well deserved, if everything he revealed in his live stream is true. I’m not sure if it’s true so I won’t repeat it, but if your curious you’ll have to listen to 6 hours of live streams haha…

The Jirby brisket slicing video is great. I think there might be a distinction to be made between “YouTube bbqers” and “restaurant bbqers who are now also on YouTube.”

I’m with you that I’d have paid for that lesson. The attention to detail and skill level is very impressive. I need to go watch his trimming video. Some of the Chud trimming ones are also super impressive. Trim thousands of briskets and then see them through the cooks…..you get pretty freaking good at it and can even do it literally blindfolded (as shown on some of the vids).

Goldee's and Zavala's. But only in TEXAS Walmarts :mad2:

I picked up the Goldee's AP and saw Zavala's at the store earlier. I used the AP on a Del Monico steak and it seemed like it had a peppery kick to it, not bad at all. Probably use it on potatoes quite a bit. The Zavala's beef rub looked like it was just a jar of black pepper only

I bought the Goldee's brisket rub and oversalted the heck out of some beef ribs. I guess it's not for beef plate ribs. I'll take the blame for that but be careful with that rub if you use it. I'm sure it's fine on a full brisket. I've got the Zavala's brisket rub it's a lot of very course back pepper. I haven't tried it yet.
I tried to watch some of the livestream but I couldn't make it through it. I actually play Super Smash Brothers with my son quite a bit.

I picked up the Goldee's AP and saw Zavala's at the store earlier. I used the AP on a Del Monico steak and it seemed like it had a peppery kick to it, not bad at all. Probably use it on potatoes quite a bit. The Zavala's beef rub looked like it was just a jar of black pepper only

I thought the same thing about Zavala's beef rub when I saw it. The Goldee's brisket rub is terrific!

I spent some time watching a few of his videos yesterday and I thought they were ok. Agreed that the brisket trimming and slicing videos were very good.

After comments above, I expected him to be acting like a doucher, but I was pleasantly surprised. He came across to me as extremely confident, and I think that is something he deserves based on what I've heard about his background and his recent #1 ranking by TM.

He's a kid by my standards (I'm almost 50), and most 20-somethings annoy me, lol.....Him and his crew are rising stars.

I like that he basically calls out all of these so called BBQ rules. He uses lighter fluid, doesn't care about his smoke color...etc. It is a breath of fresh air.

After comments above, I expected him to be acting like a doucher, but I was pleasantly surprised.

yeah, in these videos he's fine....its his live streams and podcast interviews that he starts chit with certain individuals. Of which I find petty and unprofessional.

Back