THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow. What a year for the Brethern. GCs in the Royal Open, Invitational and now the Jack. Pretty much a clean sweep as I see it. I am proud to a Brethren and fly the flag. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_cool

I agree with Bigdogs statement.

Congrats to all who walked!

If anyone wants to know the secret to IQue's win, it was Chris's great mental note capabilities of remembering the tip when to start his smoker - courtesy of a host @ Miss Mary Bobo's. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Huge Congrats to Chris and team I Que.

There ought to be an award for Shig Nation - the live stream was awesome!

Congrats, Chris! I can now say I had dinner at Miss Mary Bobo's sitting right next to the World Champion BBQ Chef! Hope a little of it rubbed off! :lol: So you did start your fire at the time the one lady from Bobo's said you should, right? :lol:

Dude, you are the man, nice job man! Knew I should have put down that cash @ 25-1.....

take a picture of Jack with a Sox/Pats jersey on and send it to that southern Gentleman who wrote the article about yankee bbq last year........:twisted:

Man. It was awesome hanging out at the Battle of the BBQ Brethren listening to the results roll in then realizing iQue or ISS!!! could take the whole thing. A much deserved victory, Chris!

A big congrats to I Que and all who walked (or even cooked) at the Jack!

Northeast is getting it on, for sure.

TIM

Chris...Wow great to hear the news!!! Congrats!!

Congrats to everyone else that walked especially Mr. Bobo's Traveling All-Stars, 1st in Brisket! Sweet!!

http://www.jackdanielsbarbecuemedia.com/photos.aspx

Jack Daniel's 2009 World Championship
Invitational Barbecue Photo Gallery

Right click any photo to download a print quality image.

I QUE TAKES TOP PRIZE AT 21st ANNUAL JACK DANIEL'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP INVITATIONAL BARBECUE

LYNCHBURG, Tenn. (October 24, 2009) - I Que from Hopkinton, Mass., can claim the ultimate braggin' rights in competitive barbecuing, after taking home the title of Grand Champion at the 21st Annual Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue on Saturday evening in Lynchburg (pop. 361), Tenn.
I Que not only captured the top prize in what is considered by competitors to be the most prestigious barbecue contest in the world, but also finished second in pork shoulders/butts, second in desserts and eighth in chicken.
"I've been working for 10 years cooking barbecue every single weekend and this is my dream - my absolute dream," said Chris Hart, chief cook of I Que. "To win the Jack is the ultimate experience in barbecue."
As Grand Champion, I Que received $5,000 and secured an automatic berth to return to defend their title at the 2010 "Jack."
To compete at "The Jack," domestic teams must win a state championship with at least 25 teams or a competition of 50 teams, or win one of the premiere barbecue competitions that qualify a team for an automatic berth.
"Every team that cooked today worked hard to get here and they all deserve recognition, but only one team leaves as our Grand Champion," said Lynne Tolley, KCBS-certified barbecue judge and great-grandniece of Jack Daniel. "Every competitor comes to Lynchburg hoping to have the winning combination of equipment, team members, ingredients and technique and we congratulate I Que for hitting the mark today."
Jack's Old South from Unadilla, Ga., also finished strong as the Reserve Grand Champion, taking home a cash prize of $2,500.
Other top ten winners at this year's Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue are:

• 3. Bub-Ba-Q, Canton, Ga.
    4. Tee Wayne's Smoking Lipps, Saint Amant, La.
    5. Parrothead Smokers, Dakota Dunes, S.D.
    6. Spitfire, Fargo, N.D.
    7. Lakeside Smokers, Methuen, Mass.
    8. Cool Smoke, Richmond, Va.
    9. Mr. Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars!, Slingerlands, N.Y.
    10. Dizzy Pig, Fairfax, Va.
Sixty-three championship teams from the U.S. and 18 teams from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, England, Estonia, Germany, Luxemburg, Poland, Puerto Rico and Switzerland fought for the title. The highest finishing international team was Salzburger BBQ Bulls from Austria that placed thirty-third overall.
In addition to honoring the Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion, the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue awards first place prizes in seven categories: Pork Ribs, Pork Shoulder/Butts, Beef Brisket, Chicken, Dessert, Cook's Choice and Jack Daniel's Sauce. This year's winners of these individual categories are:

• Pork Ribs - Four Men and A Pig, Olathe, Kan.
    Pork Shoulder/Butts - Swamp Boys, Winter Haven, Fla.
    Beef Brisket - Mr. Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars!, Slingerlands, N.Y.
    Chicken - The Heat Is On, Welch, Minn.
    Dessert - Rhythm 'n QUE, Phoenix, Ariz.
    Cook's Choice - 4 Legs Up BBQ, Great Bend, Kan.
    Jack Daniel's Sauce - Wild Hogs BBQ, Colorado Springs, Colo.
For a complete list of top ten teams in each category, click here.

Back